New Job Operator- Highway Maintenance (Part Time) In Alberta
|Operator- Highway Maintenance (Part Time)|
Operator- Highway Maintenance (Part Time)
Company : Ledcor
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Job Summary:Are you looking for part time or on-call work? Perhaps you are retired, semi-retired or not working full-time. Ledcor Highway Maintenance offers the flexibility of providing part-time and on-call work opportunities within our Highway Maintenance operations.
Winter is unpredictable and Ledcor Highways is looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to help respond during major winter events to help keep our Alberta provincial Highways safe. You have a Class 1 or Class 3 license and a desire to work for an industry leading employer and great community-minded organization. With ongoing winter operations, we can work with employees to customize schedules to meet both your needs and ours.
We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for clearing and maintaining Alberta highways, using various heavy equipment.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in various locations across Alberta.
- Operate snowplow trucks, wheel loaders, and other heavy equipment as required
- Maintain Alberta Provincial Highways year-round, including assisting with labourer duties (crack sealing, pothole repair, bridge and signage cleaning, hazard remediation, etc.)
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Must possess a valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with air endorsement
- Must provide a copy of a 3-year driver’s abstract
- Previous experience operating a snowplow truck and/or wheel loader is a strong asset
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift will be required
- We provide living accommodations in Edson available for employees traveling more than 100km.
- Accommodation is camp-style with individual bedrooms, shared kitchen and common area, includes 1 parking spot.
- Potential to accommodate rotational shifts is available
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 13, 2022
31 Civic Centre Road, Hinton, AB, Canada