New Job Operator - Highway Maintenance In Alberta
|Operator - Highway Maintenance|
Operator - Highway Maintenance
Company : Ledcor
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Job Summary:Are you tired of being on the road? Looking to be home at night and to be a bigger part of your community? Ledcor Highway Maintenance has long-term stable career opportunities. With contracts at least seven years in length, Ledcor offers you the stability of year-round employment, and the chance to make long-term plans all while being part of a great team dedicated to safe operations.
We are looking for enthusiastic and team-oriented people to join our team that helps keep our Alberta provincial Highways safe. You have a Class 1 or Class 3 license and a desire to work for an industry leading employer and great community-minded organization. We offer industry leading wages, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company. You will be responsible for winter and seasonal maintenance of Alberta highways, using various heavy equipment.
Click on the link below to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join the Ledcor Highways team in various locations across Alberta.
- Operate snowplow trucks, wheel loaders, and other heavy equipment as required
- Maintain Alberta Provincial Highways year-round, including assisting with Labourer duties (crack sealing, pothole repair, bridge and signage cleaning, hazard remediation, etc.)
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks
- Must possess a valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with air endorsement
- Must provide a copy of a clear 3-year driver’s abstract
- Previous experience operating a snowplow truck and/or wheel loader is a strong asset
- As we respond to various weather patterns, some shift work, on-call, and night shift will be required
- We provide living accommodations in Edson available for employees traveling more than 100km.
- Accommodation is camp-style with individual bedrooms, shared kitchen and common area, includes 1 parking spot.
- Potential to accommodate rotational shifts is available
- Benefits and RSPs provided by CLAC
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 13, 2022
5120 50 Avenue, Entwistle, AB, Canada