New Job Operations Support - Driver In Ontario
|Operations Support - Driver|
Operations Support - Driver
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Join our Horizon Logistics team, where you are the key piece in providing safe, reliable and on-schedule transportation of our most precious cargo to and from camp site locations - our staff!
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
This position involves a remote work lifestlye in a camp setting with the following amenities:
- FREE meals and accommodations when at site
- Private room with cable TV
- Access to Wi-Fi across site
- Linens and towels are provided
- Access to laundry facilities and detergents
- Access to a gym (and some site locations have saunas - perfect way to unwind after a day of work!)
Your work will include:
- Providing transportation for employees to and from site locations
- Delivering/shuffling materials to and from sites
- Time management - arranging pick up times
- Focusing on safety and filling out required paperwork
- Ensuring that employees are fit for work at time of pick-up
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Extended health and dental benefits effective upon hiring
- Excellent work-life balance with 2-4 scheduled days plus on-call available
- FREE accommodations and FREE meals when at site
- Private room with cable and Wi-Fi across site
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 2 years driving experience
- You have a minimum F Class Driver's License (required)
- You must have a clean driver's abstract
- You are personable and professional
- You are familiar and experienced with winter driving conditions and road safety
- Experience using northern ice roads is an asset
- Current First Aid Level 1 certification is an asset
- You able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands
- Perform work with arms at full length
- Work with arms above shoulder height
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
As the Operational Support - Driver, you will work 2-4 scheduled shifts/week plus on-call availability. You may be required to work weekdays, weekends, and general holidays.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.