New Job Manager, Information Technology Services In Manitoba
|Manager, Information Technology Services|
Manager, Information Technology Services
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $82,423–$109,128 a year
Location : Manitoba
Manager, Information Technology Services
IS5 Information Technology Services 5
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Advertisement Number: 12422
Salary(s): IS5 $82,423.00 - $109,128.00 per year
Closing Date: January 3, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The incumbent of this position is an employee of the Legislative Assembly, not a civil servant.
The Legislative Assembly seeks a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as Manager of the Information Technology (IT) Branch. The incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction to the Information Technology Branch and will be accountable for the development, implementation, operation, maintenance and security of information technology services for Assembly staff in the Legislative Building. This is a working Manager role, in addition to supervisory and administrative responsibilities the incumbent will also be directly involved operationally in IT duties.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact.
- The incumbent must be willing to work on a flexible schedule, including working outside of standard office hours.
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in computer science or a related IT discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in a senior technical role with responsibilities for designing, building, implementing, configuring and maintaining significant IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience in an IT field managing budgets and procurement.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for IT operations.
- Experience with IT project management including planning, execution, control, change management and reporting.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead, coach, mentor, and foster collaboration.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills demonstrating sound judgement.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively and display diplomacy and tact in sensitive situations.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Experience working with on premise and cloud infrastructure environments.
- General knowledge of Manitoba’s political history and the legislative process.
The Information Technology Manager is a member of the Legislative Assembly’s management team. The incumbent is responsible for the direction, management, and oversight of the Information Technology (IT) Branch and its infrastructure. The incumbent oversees all IT Branch operations and procedures, providing leadership and supervision to staff. In addition to operational duties, the incumbent is responsible to the Assembly for providing reliable and secure IT infrastructure, managing IT projects and resources, planning and budgeting, overall system security, risk management and business continuity planning, enforcement of IT policies, and system auditing.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.