New Job Human Resource Payroll Administrator In Saskatchewan
|Human Resource Payroll Administrator|
Human Resource Payroll Administrator
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is the central human resource agency for the Government of Saskatchewan. The Commission provides leadership and policy direction to all ministries to enable a high-performing and innovative professional public service.
The Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) provides payroll, human resource and benefits administration services to clients representing all government ministries and a number of smaller organizations.
The Public Service Commission is seeking an analytical, resourceful, detail-oriented Human Resource payroll professional to join us as a Human Resource Payroll Administrator (HRPA) on the Human Resource Pay Management Team. As a dedicated team member, you will work collaboratively with human resource, benefit, and payroll services colleagues to ensure the accurate processing of Government-wide employee payroll and Human Resource administration.
As an HRPA, you will:
- Enter, verify and update employee information using a Human Resource information system including the end-to-end processing of, but not limited to, new hire commencements, salary adjustments, changes to employment, and terminations.
- Calculate and process a wide variety of payroll and benefit transactions.
- Ensure payroll compliance by following provincial and federal legislation, regulations, policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Investigate and correct errors made in payroll and personnel processing.
- Be the first point of contact to the general public and all Government of Saskatchewan Employee’s regarding general inquiries and Human Resource information.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- The ability to understand and apply various policies and agreements.
- Ability to perform tasks pertaining to human resource administration, including employee benefits, payroll, and personnel.
- Ability to create, update, retrieve, and format data utilizing spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications with speed and accuracy.
- The ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations both manually and electronically.
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills to successfully manage a high volume of work within tight deadlines.
- The ability to problem solve by providing options, recommendations, and/or responses to various requests and transactions.
- The ability to work independently and as a contributing team member to support a positive work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to provide exceptional client service over the phone, in person, and through written communication.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through:
- A Business Diploma or Degree (i.e. Human Resources or Accounting); or
- Demonstrated experience in performing payroll, scheduling, and/or Human Resource administration.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Obtained or working towards The Canadian Payroll Association – Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (PCP) or Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Candidate would be an asset.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Positive, inclusive work environments;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Training and support;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave;
- Advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity for Remote Work
This posting will be used to fill current vacancies as well as future vacancies up to six months as they arise.