New Job Health Resource Specialist In Manitoba
|Health Resource Specialist
Health Resource Specialist
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general direction of the Manager of Human Resources, the Health Resource Specialist is responsible for managing the Return to Work Program including the oversight and delivery of proactive case management services for employees requiring accommodation in the workplace due to disability and/or occupational injuries.
The Health Resource Specialist is responsible for providing high quality case management services and coordinating the return to work process of the department’s injured and disabled employees in accordance with the City of Winnipeg Return to Work Administrative Standard and best practices in the field of disability management services. The Health Resource Specialist will work closely with the employee and the stakeholders in the process, including but not limited to: Occupational Health Services, Employee Benefits Program, Workers Compensation Board Coordinator, union representatives, and leaders to identify the options to facilitate the earliest possible return of employees requiring accommodation to productive employment.
As the Return to Work Coordinator, you will:
- Establish and oversee a supportive and effective Return to Work (RTW) Program for employees who are injured or disabled.
- Develop return to work plans that determine the direction, action and support services to injured/disabled employees who require accommodation under the City of Winnipeg's Reasonable Accommodation and Return to Work Administrative Standards.
- Manage the workers compensation claims and return to work processes for employees who incur an occupational injury.
- Oversee the implementation of the City of Winnipeg's Attendance Management Program.
- Provide assistance and support on departmental wellness initiatives and other preventative programs.
Your education and qualifications include:
- University degree in human services (Psychology, Social Work, or Commerce) or health related field (Occupational Therapy, Nursing).
- Must be willing and able to complete post-secondary courses in Disability Management in the Workplace, with a requirement to complete the program within 24 months.
- Completion of Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP) and Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CCRC) would be an asset.
- Two years of prior experience coordinating and facilitating a return to work/disability case management program.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the core concepts in disability management and return to work planning.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, consult, mediate and work with employees at all levels, unions, associations, and external service providers.
- Ability to plan, lead, control, and monitor return to work activities and to facilitate complex return to work situations effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-based rehabilitative resources/services.
- Ability to interpret and apply WCB Legislation; Human Rights Legislation; safety regulations, work practices, and applicable collective agreements.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately document information, and skilled at using technology.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful application must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense when requested.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
- Results Oriented