New Job Gis Coordinator In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $39.74 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Job order - J1222-0776 - Regular Full-Time
Title GIS Coordinator
Category Information Technology
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Job Description GIS Coordinator
The City of Port Moody has a regular, full-time opportunity for an experienced GIS Coordinator to join our Information Services team.
The GIS Coordinator is responsible for managing the City’s enterprise GIS and related systems. This position will provide technical expertise in data administration, web map technology, automating workflows, and complex analysis within an ArcGIS enterprise and AutoCAD environment.
The GIS Coordinator will manage the City’s land record database, ensuring updates are completed in a timely manner, and will prepare and maintain digital maps and drawings for internal and public use.
- Integrate the GIS with other related software applications and infrastructure technology
- Develop ,maintain, and manage custom web applications
- Administer and manage spatial and tabular data utilized in the City’s enterprise GIS system and other mapping applications
- Perform data analysis, research, compile, analyze, interpret and create visualizations of data
- Perform quality assurance/quality control and identify data integrity issues
- Populate and maintain weekly updates in the City’s land record database and mapping systems including BC Assessment and Land Titles Office updates
- Working knowledge of creating and maintaining a parcel fabric and assigning civic addresses
- Prepare and maintain digital maps using core cartographic principles and adhering to the municipal mapping standards of Port Moody
- Maintain record drawings (digital and hardcopy)
- Develop GIS user guides & procedures
- Interpret and recommend appropriate user training and respond to and resolve service requests from internal and external sources
- Establish and maintaining effective working relationships with City staff and external partners
- Bachelor of Technology, specializing in Geographic Information Systems
- Two to three years of job-related experience in a municipal environment
- Advanced CAD and GIS experience, specifically with ESRI and Autodesk products
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings (survey and utility plans)
- The use of database technologies (Microsoft SQL) is an asset
- Proficiency in FME Desktop and Server is an asset
- Surveying experience (conventional and GPS) is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with general purpose software (MS Office)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Information Check and a satisfactory Driver's Abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities and, for some positions, remote work opportunities.
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the City that a successful candidate who is not already employed by the City provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject only to human rights-based accommodation in applicable circumstances.
Click here to apply
Education : Bachelor’s degree
Experience : 2 years to less than 3 years