New Job Executive Coordinator In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,129–$5,371 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Health is a place where leadership is customary, innovation is encouraged, and where individuals with ideas and commitment have an opportunity to make a difference. We are committed to high-quality health care to the people of Saskatchewan through a responsive, efficient, and patient family-centered health care system. To ensure the provision of essential and appropriate services, the Ministry establishes provincial strategy and policy direction, sets and monitors standards, establishes legislation and provides funding.
The Financial Services Branch within the Ministry of Health is seeking a highly-organized and detail-oriented administrative professional to join us in the role of Executive Coordinator. As a dedicated team, we work collaboratively to provide administrative support in order to serve the residents of Saskatchewan.
As the Executive Coordinator, you will provide senior level administrative leadership and office management support to the Executive Director and director team by:
- Managing the Executive Director's calendar through collaboration, prioritization and scheduling;
- Assembling all briefing and background materials for the Executive Director in preparation for meetings;
- Monitoring the Executive Director’s emails and redirecting requests to other team members as appropriate;
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating travel and logistics for meetings, training sessions and other events;
- Monitoring administrative processes and making improvements across the branch and Ministry to ensure optimum efficiency;
- Providing administration and support to multiple branches within the Ministry of Health;
- Participating in and coordinating management meetings including drafting and distributing agendas, recording minutes, and tracking and monitoring action items to ensure timelines are met;
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence ensuring proper distribution;
- Maintaining manual and electronic filing, bring forward and records management systems;
- Verifying, coding, processing and tracking invoices for approval and payment ensuring policy compliance;
- Compiling expense information and preparing budget reports for review;
- Ordering supplies and handling office equipment repairs; and
- Drafting, recording, proofreading and/or editing a variety of correspondence in accordance with Government of Saskatchewan (GOS) visual identity standards.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrative professional who is:
- Independent and confident in order to organize, prioritize and proficiently complete multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines;
- Proficient in managing budget activities and monitoring office expenditures;
- Approachable and collaborative in order to build strong working relationships;
- Supportive and accountable to ensure quality training and supervision of team members;
- An exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Innovative in order to identify and make process improvement recommendations;
- Thorough and accurate to ensure quality work; and
- Adaptable in order to meet new challenges as they arise.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through:
- A combination of formal education in business or office administration, combined with work experience in a similar role;
- Experience using a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); and
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
What we offer
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave
- Inclusive work environments
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
Note: Candidates who apply may be considered for future permanent and temporary similar positions.