New Job Executive Assistant - Corporate Services In British Columbia
|Executive Assistant - Corporate Services|
Executive Assistant - Corporate Services
Company : BC Housing
Salary : $64,492–$75,873 a year
Location : British Columbia
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - CORPORATE SERVICES
Job ID: 4606
SHORT-TERM (APRX 18 MONTHS)/FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - CORPORATE SERVICES :
($64,492 - $75,873 - Annually)
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Executive Assistant manages the smooth and efficient operation of the Office of the CFO. He/she/they facilitates the flow of information between the CFO, CEO, Executive Committee, Corporate Services Branch Directors and external stakeholders, and provides information and resolves issues on behalf of and as directed by the CFO. The position prepares submissions and presentations for the Executive Committee, Board and government and carries out confidential and sensitive assignments and special projects requiring the research and analysis of issues and preparation of briefing materials and reports.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in commerce or business administration or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in managing administration activities with senior executive in a large multi-faceted organization in the public or private sector.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the practices of managing an office for a senior executive
- Sound knowledge of financial and administrative processes and procedures
- Ability to learn and understand the Branch’s policies, programs and operating requirements
- Ability to exercise judgment, diplomacy and tact in dealing with the varied day-to-day issues associated with the office of the CFO
- Ability to liaise effectively with senior managers and facilitate the completion of various activities on behalf of the CFO
- Ability to assess issues, conduct research and prepare briefing materials, reports and correspondence
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, co-ordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with governments, lending institutions, social housing partners, industry representatives and other stakeholders to accomplish objectives
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, time management and expediting skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected].
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.