New Job Engineering Operations Clerk In British Columbia
|Engineering Operations Clerk|
Engineering Operations Clerk
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $25.68 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Engineering Operations Clerk
Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Engineering Operations
Salary: $25.68 - $30.19 per hour
Closing: January 2, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a self-motivated professional to join our dynamic team as an Engineering and Operations Clerk.
In this high volume, fast paced role you will utilize your knowledge of office practices and procedures to provide clerical support for the department. Tasks include taking and processing resident and internal enquiries and assessing calls from the public. You are responsible for fact finding to determine the nature of the caller’s concern and how the call should be dispatched. Preparing written correspondence; as well as creating and maintaining a variety of records, forms, tables, spreadsheets and manuals. Prepare and process invoices, receipts and refunds. You will also be responsible for a high volume of a variety of data entry.
Your excellent customer service and communication skills, along with knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies and practices which govern departmental activities, will guide you when responding to public and staff inquiries. Your ability to work independently, multi-task and take initiative will guide your success in this position.
A minimum of two (2) years clerical and customer service experience including processing complaints and explaining procedures and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Grade 12 supplemented by courses in business office skills or business administration plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the services, functions, procedures, bylaws and regulations governing applicable department operations and activities as they relate to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software applicable to the work.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the rules, regulations, and procedures of the department.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully, courteously and accurately with the public and municipal staff and provide factual information and assistances on matters related to the work.
- Ability to read non-complex maps and drawings applicable to the work.
- Ability to type with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- We will be seeking a candidate that has demonstrated an ability to work effectively in a team setting, has good interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, good customer service and conflict resolution skills as well as an ability to pay close attention to detail will be valued.
- Ability to read maps and drawings for the purpose of providing employees with routine information are desired skills;
- Ability to operate a desktop computer terminal and use business system software applicable to the work will be an asset;
- Experience working with the division and familiarity with Operations terminology would be an asset;
- Experience working within a construction and mechanical environment will be an asset.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected]
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : 2 years to less than 3 years