New Job Employer Services Officer In Saskatchewan
|Employer Services Officer|
Employer Services Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.12–$35.24 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Immigration Services Branch is seeking two Employer Services Officer positions within International Recruitment and Integrity Unit. The Employer Services Officer plays an important role in supporting employer international recruitment to meet Saskatchewan's current and future labour market needs and economic development goals.
Reporting to the Manager, International Recruitment, your responsibilities will include:
- Detailed, expert level processing of employer applications to hire foreign workers through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). The work includes evaluation of business operations and documents to ensure program criteria are met.
- Providing advice and guidance to employers regarding international recruitment avenues available to Saskatchewan employers. This may include identifying program enhancements, meeting with multiple stakeholders, delivering presentations and assisting with labour recruitment events.
- Promoting awareness and understanding of the SINP and federal immigration criteria and processes to clients and stakeholders to increase participation in the program, and increase immigration to Saskatchewan.
- Developing working relationships with related federal and provincial agencies and other stakeholders.
- Consulting with government, community, employers, and other stakeholders.
Success in this role requires:
- Knowledge of federal and provincial immigration programs and relevant acts and programs.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends and issues, and labour market needs in Saskatchewan.
- The ability to assess complex information to make eligibility decisions.
- The ability to build consensus, develop and manage projects, strong aptitude to recognize and acknowledge cultural and ethnic sensitivities, interpersonal and communication skills to interact with varying levels of education and language capabilities.
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as a team member with co-workers, stakeholders, and others to consistently meet Ministry and client needs.
- Being an enthusiastic team player whom tactfully and respectfully supports colleagues to promote a positive work environment.
- Ability to use various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, videoconference equipment, webinar tools and various databases.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through a bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce, economics or social science. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This position will be required to travel in Saskatchewan on occasion.
What we offer:
The Saskatchewan Public Service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- Vacation, earned days off (EDOs)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- Inclusive work environments
- Support for work-life balance.