New Job Director Of Business Development In Quebec
|Director of Business Development|
Director of Business Development
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Opportunity: EBC is Canadian Contractor who delivers marquee projects in key markets including waterpower, hydro, underground works, large bridges, mass transit and other major civil works. Work in these markets is delivered in all geographies throughout Canada and should be thought to include not only traditional project delivery but all alternative modes such as DB, DBF, PPP and ECI.
The Position: The position will be that of a Director of Business Development reporting to the Vice-President of Pre-Construction. The position can be full time or potentially less than full time depending on candidate needs. The position can be based in any of the main EBC offices (Quebec city, Montreal, Brossard, Mississauga or Vancouver).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent EBC in select Key Markets markets across Canada.
- Work with internal EBC resource to continuously update and maintain the EBC brand with all existing and valid potential new Key Markets.
- Ensure all relevant public sector and private sector clients are aware of EBC’s story, our background and capabilities in the selected Key Markets and do all that is reasonable so that all such clients maintain a positive image of EBC as one of their preferred contracting partners.
- Ensure EBC is pre-qualified with all relevant public sector and private sector clients and contracting authorities for upcoming and on-going work programs in the selected Key Markets.
- Identify and track all upcoming and active opportunities through existing EBC opportunity tracking and sales channels and ensure a robust and continuous pipeline of opportunities is being developed within the Key Markets for EBC to pursue, win and deliver.
- Work with regional project delivery and other EBC teams to develop and be accountable for the pursuit, win and delivery strategies for all selected Key Market opportunities.
- Conduct regular outreach with recognized Key Market participants including those in the planning, finance, design, engineering and equipment supply spaces to gain and validate market intelligence, to verify opportunity tracking and develop opportunity intelligence that supports building winning pursuit and delivery strategies for all approved Key Market opportunities.
- Work with existing EBC resources to assess standard procurement and contract terms from known and potential Key Market clients. Participate and work with industry groups to effect change to contract conditions such that, to the extent possible, market and contract conditions improve for EBC.
- Provide leadership and support for selected Key Market pursuits as required.
- As appropriate and with guidance from executive management work in cooperation with other branches of EBC to develop First Nation partnerships in support of Key Market opportunities.
- 5 weeks of annual vacation;
- competitive salary and advantageous bonus plan;
- complete group insurance program upon entry (health and dental components paid by the employer);
- Group RRSP with employer contribution to a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- 24 hour access to a virtual doctor (telemedicine);
- training and development programs;
- employee assistance program;
- active social club and health and wellness committee;
- diverse, innovative and stimulating environment;
- a company built on values of respect, integrity and a job well done;
- firm recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
REQUIREMENTS 20+ years’ experience in the construction industry, preferably a varied background mix of experience encompassing contractor, designer and client experience.; University Degree/Technology Diploma in Engineering, or a combination of education and industry experience; A proven track record of project success and team leadership; Strong knowledge of infrastructure such as: Infrastructures, grade separation, bridges, dams, storm water management pond, in-water work, trackwork and grading. Strong experience delivering large scale projects within a partnership environment; Strong experience with alternative delivery mode projects (Design Build, P3) Strong knowledge of financial management, as well as building codes and associated legislation; Good computer skills and previous experience with scheduling software; Frequent travel is required; SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED Outstanding communication and organizational skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project issues; A passion to develop teams and for organizational growth and success; Bilingualism in French and English, considered a strong asset; Initiative and leadership; Highly organized and self-motivated; Ability to attend to detail and work in an accurate and efficient manner; Ability to effectively manage and complete priorities on a daily basis