New Job Data Specialist In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35.51–$47.49 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Data Specialist, you will be responsible for The City of Calgary Assessment Office's data integrity operational functions. You will support the assessment function by maintaining physical inventory and data for ongoing Assessment roll maintenance. You will also support the development, connectivity, administration, and use of Assessment’s property-related data; as well as work in collaboration with Data Analysts, Assessors, Market Analysts and others on matters concerning assessment related information and data. Primary duties include:
- Source and review information about sale transactions in the real estate marketplace for validity and relevance to cost analyses for developing property assessment values.
- Prepare data reports and communicate updated valuation on activities and trends in the real estate market that may impact valuation analysis.
- Review, monitor, and input information from various types of permits to ensure the information used to create property assessments remains current and accurate.
- Collect and analyze the information that relates to the value of a property or a business.
- Interpret qualitative and quantitative information for property assessment purposes to ensure the right information is acquired.
- Identify discrepancies in data and correct it within the database(s). Validate data integrity, perform data mining, analysis, and related activities that support the development, connectivity, and valuation work done in Assessment.
- Conduct physical inspections when necessary to enable preparations on partial development assessments, adjustments to existing assessments, confirmation of data and information, and issuance of assessment notices.
- Act as the first point of contact for customer inquiries that come directly to Assessment through either the phone or online processes.
- A degree in Real Estate, Commerce, Business, Economics, or a related discipline.
- At least 6 months of experience in real estate, property or business assessment, appraisal or a directly related field.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalency) with no more than 6 demerits OR a Class 5 Graduated Driver’s License (GDL) with no more than 4 demerits, and no current charges or suspensions pending is required.
- The ability to obtain a City of Calgary operator's permit.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and building construction is considered to be a valuable asset.
- Success in this position requires the ability to efficiently manage and analyze large volumes of data, the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse set of internal/external partners, a high attention to detail, and excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Assessment and Tax
Position Type: 1 Permanent and 1 Temporary (up to 18 months)
Location: 2924 11 Street NE
Compensation: Pay Grade 8 $35.51 - 47.49 per hour (2023 Rates)
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with one day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 9, 2023
Job ID #: 306581