New Job Co-Op Student, Geotechnical - Summer 2023 In Nova Scotia
|Co-op Student, Geotechnical - Summer 2023|
Co-op Student, Geotechnical - Summer 2023
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP is currently seeking a co-cp student to work on projects with our Geotechnical & Materials Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
This opportunity provides support to technical staff, engineers, and project managers for remediation, permitting, improvement, and construction of infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Tasks may include basic assistance with the research, design, analysis, concept development, and construction of roads, buildings, tunnels, dams, canals, levees, bridges, water supply systems, underground storage, and sewage treatment.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Providing geotechnical engineering support for subsurface investigations and geotechnical analysis and design;
- Developing, directing, and implementing geotechnical field programs;
- Assisting with or carrying out various data analyses;
- Assisting with various field activities, including drilling, test pitting, and inspections and testing services on construction projects,;
- Being responsible for product quality control with adherence to company standards;
- Developing your technical skills and sharing these skills with other members of your team;
- Participating in a team environment within and outside of the geotechnical discipline;
- Learning about the consulting business and contributing to business development;
- Demonstrating a “Safety-First” focus and acting as a role model for other staff;
- Maintaining a high standard of behavior to uphold WSP’s reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Pursuing a Degree in Geotechnical, Geological, or Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Your willingness to be mobile in the province of Nova Scotia, and your openness to be doing a variety of work that may include field and office-based work;
- Your expertise with commonly used geotechnical software;
- Your comfort and experience assisting and writing geotechnical reports;
- Your excellent strong verbal and communication skills in English are essential;
- Your ability to think and act independently, while accepting coaching, guidance and productive feedback;
- You are enthusiastic, resourceful, adaptable, well organized and you have an eye for details;
- You are a true professional, and believe in the power of engaged and high-performing teams and know what works well to get the most out of your peers;
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada/, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada/