New Job Child Care Worker In Saskatchewan
|Child Care Worker|
Child Care Worker
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $28.96–$36.30 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are devoted to helping others and improving the lives and wellbeing of children and families to join our team as Children’s Service Workers in a term less than nine (9) months. In this role, you will provide a range of services designed to provide protective, preventative and support services to children and their families using the P.R.I.D.E. model and The Family Centered Case Management Model of practice.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for casework and permanency planning related to a variety of programs for children in care and their caregivers.
- Provide assessment, development and implementation of case plans, while providing support to ensure the physical, social, cultural, psychological and educational needs of children are met.
- Where children are admitted to the care of the Ministry, manage their needs including placement in foster and alternate resources, including extended family.
- Plan for children placed in care on a long-term basis, working in co-operation with First Nation Child and Family Service agencies and other support providing community organizations.
- Develop/maintain open and honest work relationships, encouraging teamwork with clients, foster families, biological families, collateral agencies, and other members of the unit or community.
- Identify and prioritize referrals for service, developing intervention plans, consulting with other professionals as necessary, and complete documentation in accordance with professional standards of practice.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Have a sincere commitment to relationships & community, practicing from a place of connection.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in completing risk assessments, judgment and decision making skills implementing stringent protocols and processes for the transfer of files and information to Child Protection or other Child and Family service workers and supervisors.
- Have knowledge of multi-cultural beliefs & values, with emphasis on First Nations and Métis.
- Have knowledge of poverty, systemic and socio-economic issues and how they impact on people.
- Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure access to services and resources; remove barriers to independence and promote client well-being.
If you have a passion towards ensuring the safety and well-being of children and want to join a collaborative, dedicated team of professionals focused on strengthening our communities and cultures, these opportunities are for you!
What we offer:
Dynamic, challenging work;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO’s) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements
To qualify for this position, you will possess a Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Indigenous Social Work degree from an accredited university, as approved by the SASW/CASW or CASWE. The successful candidate will be required to travel, work flexible hours that may include evenings or weekends, and transport children (or parents) in service delivery.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their covering letter or resume where they have acquired their knowledge, skills, abilities. Selection of candidates will be assessed based on this information.
While the representation of Indigenous staff within the Ministry of Social Services has been prioritized, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All candidate applications will be reviewed and only those requested to interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Social Services, please visit the following website:
Ministry of Social Services | Ministries | Government of Saskatchewan