New Job Baker - Camp Setting In Ontario
|Baker - Camp Setting|
Baker - Camp Setting
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
As a Baker, your full bake of breads, rolls, pastries and other various items will satisfy the sweet tooth of everyone at site!
Your work will include:
- Supervising other kitchen staff in the breakfast meal service and bakery production
- Production of fresh breads, pizza dough, pastries, pies, cakes, muffins, and other pastries
- Planning and developing dessert offerings
- Produce an average number of 500 plus items
- Accurately communicating food order needs with the Chef
- Working with the Chef and Camp Manager to ensure clients' needs are met
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have previous large-scale baking experience (previous camp setting experience an asset!)
- You are experienced in accurately producing weekly inventories
- You have high standards in maintaining a clean and organized Kitchen
- You are familiar with accurately producing weekly inventories
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision
- Level 1 First Aid certificate is an asset
- Current Food Safe certificate is an asset
- Red Seal or other certification is an asset
- Be able to handle the following physical demands:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or site according to task for extended lengths of time
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands
- Perform work with arms at full length
- Work with arms above shoulder height
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- FREE meals and FREE accommodations while on site!
- Your own PRIVATE room with cable TV and Wi-Fi across site
- We will pay YOU up to $2000 for anyone you refer to us that is hired (there is no limit - refer as many people as you would like!)
- You will receive medical and dental benefits
- Excellent work-life balance
- Opportunity to learn new skills and move-up in positions
Work Schedule and Remuneration:
Bakers work rotational schedules. You may be required to work weekdays, weekends and general holidays.
Wages are paid on an hourly basis. Specific pay details are discussed at the interview phase.
This is an accelerated hiring process with work to begin at the end of November/ early December - apply today!
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.