New Job Asset Management And Logistics Specialist In Manitoba
|Asset Management and Logistics Specialist|
Asset Management and Logistics Specialist
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $67,406–$81,383 a year
Location : Manitoba
Asset Management and Logistics Specialist
DCM Department Coordinator EMO
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Preparedness and Response, Emergency Management
Advertisement Number: 40318
Salary(s): DCM $67,406.00 - $81,383.00 per year
Closing Date: December 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) builds towards an ever more resilient province through applying a whole-of-government approach to all phases of emergency management. This positon is required to manage a comprehensive asset management program for the Preparedness and Response branch.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary education in emergency management, business with a focus on supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management. Other combinations of education, training and experience or equivalent level of education and training may be considered.
- Experience in the development of comprehensive documents such as policy, processes, guidelines or plans.
- Experience with any of the following: emergency management, logistics, inventory management, material management or procurement.
- Effective written communication skills with experience writing clear, concise documents and reports.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public and other staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicting deadlines and handle high workload situations with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster positive relationships, work co-operatively and effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The Asset Management and Logistics Specialist is responsible to develop asset management and logistical strategies that support the operations for Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization (EMO), Preparedness and Response Branch. This position will implement, manage, monitor, control, report, track, analyze, evaluate and provide financial budgetary projections and track expenditures for minor and major capital assets such as, but not limited to: equipment, fleet, software, and other items that may be required to be managed. The position will ensure development of clear policies, procedures and processes for the branch and develop and maintain a comprehensive asset management program that includes long-term maintenance and life cycle requirements.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.