New Job Accounts Payable And Payroll Clerk In New Brunswick
|Accounts Payable and Payroll Clerk|
Accounts Payable and Payroll Clerk
Company : Municipalité Régional de Grand-Sault / Regional Municipality of Grand Falls
Salary : $1,034–$1,198 a week
Location : New Brunswick
The incumbent performs the duties inherent in the operating debts that the municipality must pay. He or she verifies, and compiles invoices, reconciles vendor statements, and is responsible for collecting, verifying and processing payroll information.
- College or university diploma in accounting, or administration, or any other equivalent diploma.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification will be considered an asset.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset.
- Rigor and attention to detail
- Time Management
- Professional judgment
- Be able to communicate in both official languages (French and English) spoken and written.
- Very good computer skills, including Office 365 suite.
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to manage stressful situations and meet tight deadlines.
- Be confidential, diplomatic, and thorough.
- Has a good working methodology, organization, priority management and demonstrates great rigor.
- Flexible and versatile in the execution of the work and ease of adaptation in a changing environment.
- Problem-solving ability.
Working conditions and environment:
- Permanent full-time position (37.5 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Have a means of transportation for travel as part of workDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- File and enter invoices into the system.
- Compare invoices, receipts, and purchase orders to ensure that quantities, description and prices are compliant.
- Verify and reconcile suppliers' account statements.
- Issue and send drafts and checks.
- Track credits.
- Verify, destroy, keep records of accounts payable and payroll records according to the retention schedule.
- Process invoices and print checks and records.
- Process incentives.
- Apply the necessary changes to the applicable accounts payable.
- Follow up on problematic invoices.
- Liaise with suppliers.
- Monitor expense reports.
- Prepare and verify staff pay stubs and T4s.
- Prepare staff and benefit payments.
- Inform staff about their payroll information.
- Prepare and verify end-of-period reports.
- Reconcile payroll records with bank statements.
- Perform any other duties of a similar nature requested by his/her supervisor according to his/her skills, qualifications, and abilities.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- $2,067.15 - $2,396.42 biweekly
- Competitive benefit programs (e.g., pension, health and dental coverage, life insurance, etc.)
- Environment that promotes work-life balance
Caution: The above statements reflect the character-defining elements of the identified employment and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and should not be considered an exhaustive list of all inherent responsibilities, functions, abilities and occupational requirements. All staff may, from time to time, be required to perform duties outside the scope of their normal responsibilities, as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $1,033.58-$1,198.21 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (required)
- English (required)
- French (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-12-27