New Job 23-001 Information Officer In British Columbia
|23-001 Information Officer|
23-001 Information Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.74–$31.41 an hour
Location : British Columbia
STATUS: Regular Full Time (CUPE)
DEPARTMENT: Police Services
SALARY: $26.74 - $31.41 per hour
CLOSING: January 2, 2023
The City of Maple Ridge is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, team player to fill the position of Information Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing front counter services at the Maple Ridge RCMP detachment. This will include performing moderately complex and diversified administrative support work involving the provision of information and assistance in various capacities to the public and other police agencies. This position requires an individual possessing initiative and utilizing independent judgment. Under general supervision you will perform a variety of specialized clerical duties applicable to a police operations environment. Your responsibilities will include; processing Police Information checks, capturing fingerprints for civil purposes, data entry into local computer systems, assisting clients with information in person and over the telephone, producing various documents and permits and creating police files.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduation including or supplemented by commercial courses and typing or word processing courses and C.P.I.C. and PRIME RCMP. knowledge plus sound related experience, preferably in an RCMP detachment or policing environment OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, procedures, rules and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of firearm identification.
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, record keeping and of computer operation as it relates to the work.
- Working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, Provincial Statutes, and Municipal bylaws as they apply to the work performed.
- Working knowledge of the roles and services provided by community agencies.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, internal staff and external agencies and to apply sound judgement in providing assistance and explaining specific rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to process applications for various certificates and permits, receive payments and process requests for criminal record searches and take fingerprints.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of files, records, statistics and reports.
- Ability to operate PRIME and C.P.I.C. (police systems) and terminal equipment.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain and maintain a RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) - based on article 12.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the RCMP or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hour between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 13.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority.
Hours of work are currently Mon-Fri (rotating between dayshift 8am-4pm and afternoon shift 11am – 7pm at the main detachment, as well as in the Pitt Meadows Community Policing Office, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.