Company : Taverna Italian Kitchen
Salary : From $13 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The purpose of a Server is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at TAVERNA. Restaurant Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcomed, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are also expected to have advanced Italian food and wine knowledge.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
- Presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Assisting with special and private events as needed as well as take out
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Understand and communicate all products and services available
- Occasionally resolve guest challenges & involve a Supervisor when needed
- Provide an enjoyable experience for customers
- Commit to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work well on a high performing team
- Previous 1-3 years of serving experience in a high-volume fine dining restaurant would be an asset
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs or more
- Open Availability Tuesday to Saturday (PM)
- Serve it Right Saskatchewan Certification (SIRS)
Benefits 100% discount on coffee, and pop.Dining discount of 25% for up to 8 friends and family when you are not working.50% off a glass of wine or beer up to a 2 drink limit every shift you work.Flexible scheduling.Direct Deposit, with self-service.Advancement Opportunities Referral Bonus Bright Ideas Program
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $13.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- Every Weekend
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Serve it Right Saskatchewan Certification (SIRS) (preferred)
Work Location: One location