|ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Associate - Laval|
ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Associate - Laval
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 165735
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
What will you be doing?
As an Administrative Associate, you will assist an established Portfolio Manager in providing exceptional client support and day-to-day trading administration of their business. You will be working with one of the fastest growing, and largest teams focused on discretionary asset management for high-net worth families and businesses. You will be working in a fast-pace environment with considerable upside potential for growth.
Is this role right for you?
In this role you will:
- Onboard new client relationships and collaborate with team members to assist with new account openings and transfers.
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service and effectively build working relationships with clients. This team prides itself on providing exceptional service to their clients. As one of the first points of contact for incoming calls, you will play a critical client facing role.
- Execute client trades and remain up-to-date with all regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts.
- Investigate and resolve issues, escalating to the Portfolio Manager when appropriate.
- Be able to maintain and update a spreadsheet of the professionals our clients work with (i.e. accountant and lawyer).
- Assist with scheduling client meetings and preparing documents for either in person or phone meetings.
- Update client profiles for changes such as risk and objective changes, address changes, contact details (i.e. phone and email), bank account updates, etc.
- Assist with completing and updating Investment Policy Statements.
- Utilize trading platforms, contact management system, related software applications, and resources.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Experience working in the banking industry, preferably within a full-service brokerage firm.
- Completed IIROC licenses and registered as an Investment Representative.
- 15 months to complete IIROC courses (CSC, CPH and IRT) if currently unlicensed.
- Solid understanding of industry and firm’s compliance regulations and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to spearhead periodic projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word is a must.
What’s in it for you?
- A rewarding career path and support towards your professional development and growth.
- In-depth training and coaching to help you succeed in the role.
- Competitive compensation package along with flexible benefits, performance bonus, and Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Be a part of and contribute to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and potential.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Laval
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.