|Sales and Customer Service Executive, English Online|
Sales and Customer Service Executive, English Online
Company : British Council
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Location: Montreal, Americas, CA
Company: British Council
English Online Sales and Customer Service Executive – contract
Based in Canada
Immediate start date (on successful screening completion)
This is an opportunity to play a key role in delivering an excellent customer experience to the British Council’s flagship 100% online learning product for Adults – English Online.
English Online is aimed at adults learning English worldwide, who are absolutely committed to improving their English. Classes are designed around real-life topics and students undertake practical language tasks in group and private classes. It offers a flexible timetable, personalised learning paths and globally connected classrooms. We’re looking to build our international Customer Support team to provide an ‘always on’, 24/7 timetable, customer experience.
As well as providing an outstanding customer experience for our students, you’ll play a key role in helping us learn more about our customers and in supporting commercial success. We’re a fast-moving global business so you should be able to adapt quickly and enjoy trying out new innovations in online Customer Support.
At present, we are only accepting applications from individuals who currently reside in Canada.
Essential skills, experience and qualification required:
- Minimum language requirements: Minimum C1 CEFR.
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent work experience (at least 2 years).
- Substantial experience in a customer service role.
- Experience of working in an international context and with international customers.
- Ability to manage, schedule and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms and reporting tools.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Right to work in Canada.
- Desirable language requirements: Fluency in one or more languages. Languages that would be particularly desirable include Arabic, French and Spanish.
- Desirable Qualifications: Professional qualification in a relevant business discipline (e.g., Customer Service, Business Management, Marketing) or a related subject.
Desirable Role Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- B2C sales and/or marketing experience.
- Experience in the education industry – particularly in the ELT sector.
- Working knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation and data governance.
- Experience of multi-country working.
- Experience providing customer support in an online environment.
This a 100% remote role so you will need a high-speed internet connection and a laptop.
This role requires a flexible approach to shift patterns, including evening and weekend working, and all members of the team will be timetabled to ensure coverage across global time zones. While your shift may vary depending on scheduling needs, your expected working hours will be 14:00 to 22:00 GMT -4 and your work week will be either Thursday to Monday, or Saturday to Wednesday.
- Complete your application by Monday 11th December 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a pre-recorded video interview and will have the opportunity to ask any questions about the role via email.
- As soon as you’ve accepted you can start the onboarding and pre-appointment screening.
- Once that’s done you can join our international Customer Support team.
Please note the following:
When completing the application form, our recruitment system will ask for country preferences (where you would like to work). As this is a home-based role please select your existing country of residence (Canada).
Successful applicants will not be employed directly by the British Council. Individuals will be contacted directly by our local contracting and payroll partner in Canada and as such, by submitting your application for this role, you agree to have your contact information shared with our contracting and payroll partner in Canada. Introductions to the payroll partners and any subsequent engagement will be managed by Comensura, our outsourced recruitment partner in Canada.