|Product - Buyer|
Product - Buyer
Company : Aritzia
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The mission of the Buying Department is to strategically purchase product that will maximize sales opportunities while minimizing inventory risk.
Aritzia is growing, and our Buying team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team responsible for developing sound product plans to meet our ever-evolving customer demand while minimizing inventory risk. As the Buyer, Branded Denim, you will support in applying your analytical skills and business-driven mindset to purchase Branded Denim in the right styles, in the right quantity, and at the right time. And, with the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless – from a rewarding career in Buying to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Buyer, you will:
- Strategically determine the optimal purchase amount of raw materials and finished goods.
- Strategically position raw materials and finished goods orders.
- Manage the delivery of raw material to finished goods orders.
- Manage fabric and style performance in order to identify sales driving opportunities and minimize inventory risk.
- Identify carryover fabric and styles based on past season performance.
The Buyer has:
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in buying, with experience in Finance or Accounting considered an asset
- A commitment to learn and apply Aritzia's Values, Business and People Leadership principles
- The ability to collaborate fluently with cross-functional partners.
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value to the business
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET - Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Product Discount - Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Amenities - Facilities include private parent's room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Dog Friendly Office - Bring your best friend to work
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.