New Job Private Personal Care & Home Attendant In Manitoba
|Private Personal Care & Home Attendant|
Private Personal Care & Home Attendant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : From $18 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Private In-Home Support-Health Care Attendant
“A place for family-supported by family”
We will create an active, lively, and vibrant home for Jim built on meaningful relationships which celebrate and encourage uniqueness of spirt, interdependence, reciprocity, and character.
To offer Jim a loving, dignified, and high-quality personalized home as he experiences his journey of Parkinson’s disease and Lewy Body dementia.
We change with Jim, for Jim, and alongside Jim! He is our purpose, our focus, and our reason.
We demonstrate Respect, Hope, Dignity, Reciprocity, and Interdependence. We focus on Teamwork, open communication, Aging in Place and Relationships.
“We do the best we can with what we know-and when we know better, we do better”- Maya Angelou
Do You Have a Purpose at Jim’s Place?
Jim's Place offers a senior the assistance to remain in the comfort and security of his home. We are in search an additional team player to help our team continue to create a warm home environment. This role is great for a mature individual, requires physical effort and experience utilizing lifting and transfering equipment such as Hoyer and Sit to Stans Lifts. Experience with Tube Feeding required, along with the ability to provide in bed care such as rotating, bathing etc.
Care Givers adapt to this senior's changing abilities.... things may/will be different every day.
Seem rather simple, yet complex? We hope your answer is yes! It is simple and complex! The way you offer your support will matter! Are you adaptive, flexible, patient, and compassionate? Do you have a problem solving and take initiative attitude? Can you remain calm, and learn to “going with the flow”? Do you work well without daily supervision? If you can demonstrate these attributes in your resume; read on....
You will work collaboratively as a member of a small team of 4 individuals who offer support with personal care, overall healthcare support, activities of daily living, housekeeping, emotional support, and the maintenance and ongoing care of a home. Supports are offered 24/7 365 days annually. Must be available days, evening and overnights.
You will draw on technical skills such as completing transfers using a sit/stand lift or Hoyer Lift, administering medications, complete personal care in and off bed, and all forms of mobility support. You will offer assistance in the washroom, check vital signs, or simply apply lotion to dry skin areas, as you offer care and support. You will also provide companionship and meaningful activities.
Along with personal care, your role includes helping this senior take care of his home. Your responsibilities include light housekeeping, making/changing beds, doing laundry, preparing meals, cleaning, and administrative duties.
Personal Qualities: Are you quiet, mature, and easy going? Do you work well with others? Do you work effiectively with limited direct supervision, show initiative, notice and remain motivated? Are you a team player who shows the empathy to support s this senior, other team members, and this family? In this small team these attributes are essential!
- Demonstrate previous experience offering support to those who experience the world through dementia and Parkinson's Disease in a community/home setting.
- Previous experience offering support to those who experience the world through dementia and Parkinson's Disease.
- Previous experience working in community home care setting-minimum 2-3 years- or a mix of facility and community based care( with the preference being home support care).
- HCA Certificate or Diploma & ablity to demonstrate these skills
- Experience with tube feeding & administering medications
- Experience lifting, transfering and all aspects of personal care-able to complete these transfers independently
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are needed
- Understanding elderly health issues and the skills to respond accordingly.
- The ability to handle emergency situations
- Demonstrated ability to use Mobility assistance equipment and practice good body mechanics when assisting with lifting & transferring
- The ability to work under own initiative-you will be working alone
- Continuously pursue learning opportunities with respect to dementia and share this information with the team
- Communicate with family to ensure positive support
- Work as part of a diverse team, this includes working with family & demonstrate the ability to build positive, respectful relationships and connections
- Ability to participate and demonstrate teamwork, work as a team member
- Attend meetings, and training courses as required, general record keeping
- Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussions, team meeting, logbooks, care plan and checklists.
- Utlize basic computer skills for documentation using the Connect Teams Application
- Weekly-Tuesday and Wednesday 10am-10pm
- Every Other weekend must be available days, eveninds and weekends 10am-10pm and /or 10pm-10am
- Shifts are 12 hours to ensure continuity for the recipient
Other Considerations Before Applying:
- Physically demanding role
- Vehicle a requirement-bus transportation is limited. Valid Drivers license and reliable vehicle.
- Non-smoking home and work environment
- Pet friendly home
- Probation Period-6 months
- Only serious applicants need apply- must be available as specified above
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Our team wears masks & practice effective handwashing and sanitizing techniques.
Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccinations.