|Office Services Clerk - Accounting 1|
Office Services Clerk - Accounting 1
Company : Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden No. 189
Salary : $22.54–$28.56 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Office Services Clerk - Accounting 1 – Joint Municipal Office in Saskatchewan
Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden No. 189
Nestled in the beautiful Qu’Appelle Valley is one of Canada’s prettiest towns, Lumsden, offering a country-pace life style with a full range of social, recreational and cultural opportunities for all ages and interests. A growing, vibrant and friendly community has an active artistic community spirit supported by the residents living in the Town and surrounding Rural Municipality. The population served exceeds 3700 and is growing with new residential and commercial developments.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and will play a key role in the accounts payable, payroll, benefits, recycling program reporting, hail insurance reporting, etc. for both municipalities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with municipal software (MuniSoft)
- Processing accounts payable
- Processing payroll including filing applicable remittances and returns (CRA, ROE, T4s, pension)
- Completing documents associated with SWCB claims and clearances
- Enrollment and termination documents associated with various benefit programs
- Filing quarterly reports required under the Multi Materials Stewardship West Program (recycling)
- All reporting and communication associated with the Municipal Hail Roll and Snow Plow Clubs
- Support month-end and year-end processes
- Provide general office support, when requested.
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong background in accounting and payroll
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills is critical
- Experience in a municipal office is an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- A self-starter with a keen desire for meeting and resolving challenges
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to change
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, vendors and various government agencies
The wage is based on experience and education but ranges from $22.54/hr - $28.56/hr (35 hours per week) and includes attractive employee benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To learn more about the Town of Lumsden and RM of Lumsden please visit: www.lumsden.ca
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.54-$28.56 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location