|Office Services Assistant|
Office Services Assistant
Company : City of Barrie
Salary : $25.28–$30.27 an hour
Location : Ontario
Posted: Monday, November 7, 2022
Job Number: TC-22-40
Job Type: Temporary Full-time, Up to 1/Year, Union
Position Closing Date: Monday, November 21, 2022
The City of Barrie is a vibrant, progressive, and growing community with deep connections to our heritage, to nature and to the opportunities surrounding us.
Our community values quality of life; the ability to play year-round with 300 hectares of park space, our beautiful waterfront, our lively downtown core and the nearby hills, wetlands, and forests. We also value connections; to our neighbours and the community, to our road and rail network, and to the opportunity Barrie provides to enjoy life.
Everything Barrie has to offer, from the water we drink to the roads we travel on, has one thing in common - municipal workers. Joining a municipality is one of the most rewarding, engaging, and exciting careers you could choose. It is a career you can take pride in knowing that every day you make a positive impact on an entire community. We are one team, with one goal and we all work together to continue making our community great.
The Legislative and Court Services Department is comprised of three branches: Legislative Services, whichincludes Council Secretariat, Corporate Mail and Print Services, Vital Statistics, and Access and PrivacyServices; Court Services, which is responsible for the administration of justice within two court service areas incompliance with the Provincial Offences Act, the Memorandum of Understanding and Inter-municipal ServiceAgreements; and Enforcement Services, which is responsible for administering and enforcing severalmunicipal by-laws including but not limited to regulations related to the parking of vehicles, pet controls,property maintenance, business licensing, and sign placement.
The Office Services Assistant position provides administrative support related to the delivery of departmental services and programs and provides courteous, professional and timely customer service for all inquiries.
Our Culture and Qualifications of the Job
- Your workplace values align with our corporate values of Strive, Share and Care and you want to join us in providing exceptional services and programs to build a prosperous, growing and sustainable community
- One (1) year College Certificate in Office Administration, Business Administration or related discipline
- One (1) year of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities
- Accurate keyboarding speed of 50 wpm
- Skillfully operate a personal computer in a network environment, with excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, Access), Adobe software, and software applications related to the department.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer services, multi-tasking/work prioritization skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently with good judgment and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to handle a large and diverse workload with challenging deadlines.
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check*
- Please note that this is a requirement of the position for any new employees to the City of Barrie in accordance with the Police Record Check Procedure. Existing employees will be grandparented from this requirement.
Other Important Information
Location: City Hall, 70 Collier Street, Barrie, Ontario
Hours: The normal hours of work are 35 hours per week in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Wage: This position is within the CUPE Local 2380 Bargaining Unit with the following pay level and 2022 pay range:
- Pay Level: Level 3
- Yearly Salary: $46.009.60 to $55,091.40 per year
- Hourly Pay Rate: $25.28 to $30.27 per hour
Benefits: This position includes single health and dental benefits, prorated paid sick time based on the expected duration of employment, and prorated vacation time based on calendar year and in accordance with the Employment Standards Act.
Don’t meet the credentials as outlined but have years of directly related experience? Please see the City’s Education Equivalency Procedure to determine if you may qualify for equivalency. Further information is available at www.barrie.ca/JobOpps.
- Position Equivalency Code: B
Please note that verification of educational credentials will be required from the preferred candidate prior to an employment offer.
The City of Barrie is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Disclaimer: The job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees to do this position. For full position details, please request a copy of the Job Description by emailing [email protected].
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.