Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29–$31 an hour
Location : Alberta
The Music Director embodies rock and roll in a positive way and is responsible for creating the most valuable student experience possible. This role creates a safe and inspiring environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential and ensures that each School of Rock student has an exceptional musical journey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all music and education-related elements within the School. Maximize the quality of music instruction including private lessons and shows.
- Roll out the music curriculum and oversee all product execution.
- Oversee the development of shows, this includes: Selecting and Promoting shows/concerts well in advance with General Manager. Creating show assignments for students and overseeing casting decisions. Coordinating the set list. Training, guiding and assisting show directors so all rehearsals and performances meet high educational standards. Assisting in promoting the shows and driving ticket sales. Insuring that show productions are well executed.
- Market the school by keeping excellent relations with parents and students and offering new student and/or parent prospects tours; engaging and selling them on the school.
- Teach as directed by General Manager to boost school profitability and operations.
- Manage the School, including working with the General Manager to open school punctually according to hours of business and staying later when necessary during show season and summer camp.
- Maintain all music equipment.
- Communicate regularly with parents on student progress and address any questions and issues about the music program.
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school.
- Adheres to the SOR Code of Conduct, safety policies, including the Monitoring and Supervision policy.
- 3+ years’ experience teaching and/or performing music professionally
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers and other people
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong customer relations skills
- Resourceful and good problem-solver
- Works well under pressure
- Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, patient, and positive demeanor
- Good judgment a must
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25-35 per week
Salary: $29.00-$31.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- music teaching: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2022-11-30