|Methods Analyst I - Business Intelligence Analyst|
Methods Analyst I - Business Intelligence Analyst
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $38.70–$48.35 an hour
Location : Alberta
Reporting to the Team Lead of the Analytics and Reporting Unit, under the Business Analytics, Intelligence and Reporting (BAIR) Section, the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) requires one (1) highly organized, dedicated individual to conduct strategic and operational analyses and to transform data sets and analyses into compelling visuals to diverse audiences.
Specific responsibilities of this position will include:
- Conducting research and development work utilizing developed analytical tools to lead data driven decisions.
- Analyzing initiative outcomes using research, benchmark development, target setting, and consultation work with other areas of the EPS.
- Conducting data and statistical analysis to support the EPS Strategic and Annual Policing plans.
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to document analytical business requirements, to ensure that analytical products meet their needs and to disseminate analytical products as needed.
- Collecting data, developing methods and analyses, ad hoc queries and reports that meet business requirements.
- Testing and validating data and data models to ensure quality assurance processes are complete and documented.
- Other related duties as required.
- University degree in Criminology, Sociology, Applied Mathematics, or other related fields of study.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience evaluating and analyzing data for trends, correlations, and significance of findings, including experience in data management and manipulation, statistical analysis and reporting.
- Proficient in data collection, database mining, and statistical analysis.
- Advanced skill level in Excel, and coding in R or Python and at least one Business Intelligence tool set.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in using geographical information systems (GIS).
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data and statistics using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience utilizing various research methodologies.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in completing assigned tasks.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong and effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and the public.
- Experience in the use of business intelligence tools such as IBM Cognos, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and ESRI Insights would be an asset.
- Familiarity with police data and data models would be an asset.
- A combination of education, experience and skill sets may be considered.
- Applicants may be tested.
- As part of your pre-hire screening, you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
COVID-19 Notice: New employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination. New employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption.
Hours of Work:
33.75 hours per week, Monday – Friday, subject to compressed hours of work program.
21M, Grade 022: $38.70 - $48.35 (Hourly), $2,612.60 - $3,264.10 (Biweekly), $68,188.53 - $85,192.94 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
- Please include a current resume and covering letter with your online application.
- Please note that the option to work remotely is not available at this time.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: CS