|Geomatics Engineering Technologist|
Geomatics Engineering Technologist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $30.02 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Geomatics Engineering Technologist(Permanent Full-Time)
The Municipality of the County of Kings is both urban and rural, offering an exceptional life-style to residents. We are looking for a dynamic, values-based Geomatics Engineering Technologist to support our vision of a community of communities where all people belong by joining our fantastic team. We value integrity, respect, excellence, transparency, innovation, diversity and sustainability in all that we do and need a team member who does too!
Our team goal is to provide “Quality Living through Quality Service”. If you think you are up for the challenge, we invite you to consider joining us in our mission of providing municipal services to residents, businesses, and organizations in a friendly, effective and innovative manner.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering Services, the Geomatics Engineering Technologist will perform the following duties:
- Collect and process GNSS data for all Municipality owned assets using Leica GNSS, including locating and updating record data for existing and new assets;
- Conduct field inspections and collect GIS data for new water/sewer lateral connections, driveways, etc.;
- Provide field locates for Municipal underground infrastructure;
- Conduct video surveys and condition assessment inspections of Municipality owned linear assets, including coordinating activities with Vactor unit;
- Participate in the Municipality’s asset management working group;
- Other related duties.
Desired Qualifications for this position:
- Geomatics Engineering Technologist diploma with minimum three years practical survey experience;
- Training in PACP, MACP and LACP with experience operating a CCTV pipe inspection system using WinCAN and RovverX;
- Experience using AutoCAD, ESRI Field Maps and ArcGIS Pro, including creating and editing ESRI format feature class.
- Superior organizational, analytical, research, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team contributor who works well with the public and co-workers;
- Ability to life and carry more than 10kg at a time;
- Ability to work safely alone in construction and high traffic work sites;
- Strong knowledge of computer applications within a Windows environment;
- Effective communication skills.
This is a unionized position that is governed in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Municipality of the County of Kings and CUPE, Local 2618-01. Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (35 hours/week). Compensation includes a benefits plan, and pension (8% Employer / 8% Employee match). The salary will be Level 6 of the Municipal Pay Band for Unionized employees, $30.02/hr - $34.11/hr.
Statement of Intent: Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce representative of the communities we serve at all job levels. We encourage applications from Indigenous People, Persons of African Descent, Black/African Nova Scotians and other Racially Visible Persons, Persons Living with Disabilities, Gender
Diverse Persons and members of other historically excluded communities. While we recognize the inherent difficulty of doing so, members of equity seeking communities are encouraged to self-identify in their cover letter or your resume.
To Apply: Merge your resume and cover letter into a single PDF document. Helping us understand your talent and experience will help us achieve our vision, mission and goals. Email your complete application package to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for their time and effort in applying however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks including one or all of the following: Reference/ Employment Verification, Criminal Background, and Education.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 3 years to less than 5 years