|Financial Services Representative - Kerrisdale Community Branch (15), Permanent, Full-Time (2 opportunities)|
Financial Services Representative - Kerrisdale Community Branch (15), Permanent, Full-Time (2 opportunities)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The Role: Financial Services Representative
As an FSR, you will demonstrate excellence in customer service through solid communication and interpersonal skills, as you engage face-to-face with our membership. You’ll build strong relationships by learning more about our members while assisting them with their banking transactions—such as cheque deposits, cash handling, bank drafts and wires. You'll be navigating multiple computer systems, complying with processes and policies, all while having a quality conversation with our members. You'll be the trusted advisor among members who value the branch experience and choose to come in person for their banking needs and seek personalized advice.
- The Financial Services Representative reports directly into the Assistant Branch Manager.
A typical day would involve:
- Performing member transactions consistent with established standards so that a high level of quality service delivery is achieved.
- Identifying and assessing member/prospect needs to provide appropriate products, services and referrals.
- Applying branch service standards, policies, procedures and controls to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
- Fully leverage and utilize the technical systems available so that the service experience for the member is efficient and seamless.
- A problem solver – You have an analytical mind and can multi-task to come up with solutions
- Tech-savvy – People often say you’re a quick learner and great with technology & systems
- A great communicator – You find it easy to get to know others and have great conversations
- Ready for a challenge – You have a positive attitude and are able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- A High School Diploma – At a minimum, you have graduated high school and/or equivalent
- Customer Service Experience – At least 1 year of working experience interacting with people and businesses in a professional capacity
- Post-secondary coursework
- Banking and/or call centre experience would be an asset
Posting Deadline: Please apply by 4:00 PM, November 22 2022
Please note that all shortlisted candidates for this role will be required to complete a background check which includes resume verification, credit check and criminal record check. Vancity is an inclusive and equitable employer and actively seeks to advance racial equity, inclusion and belonging across the organization. Vancity offers required accommodations in all stages of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please advise us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- When you join Vancity as an employee and a member, you join a movement that believes that when we use money for what’s right, we truly are a financial force for change.
- Our vision is to redefine wealth—and we are doing so by using the tools of finance to prioritize the wellbeing of our members and our communities by tackling the climate crisis and we are proving every day that sustainable is profitable.
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,600 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards & benefits, all while knowing you are a part of a greater movement.
- Start your Vancity career journey with us even if you’re new to financial services! We provide in-house paid training to gain general financial knowledge, and to learn about our products & services. We encourage opportunities to learn & develop to prepare you for career success, which in turn continuously impresses how we serve our membership.
- Vancity is committed to a diverse workplace and values Integrity, Innovation, Responsibility and Reconciliation. While we review all applicants, we will be prioritizing applicants who self-identify as Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Inuit, and Metis), Members of visible minorities, and Persons with disabilities.
- To learn more about Vancity, please visit www.vancity.com/AboutVancity.
Job Type: Full-time