|Financial Administrative Assistant|
Financial Administrative Assistant
Company : Community Social Planning Council of Greater Victoria
Salary : $25–$28 an hour
Location : British Columbia
The Community Social Planning Council is a non-profit community organization that has been leading housing and homelessness, antipoverty and broader community development initiatives across Greater Victoria for more than 80 years. Regional programs include multiple Point in Time Homeless Counts, Greater Victoria Rent Bank, Coordinated ID Service, the Low-Income Transit Assistance Program, and extensive research-driven community projects. For more information visit communitycouncil.ca.
JOB POSTING: Financial/Administrative Assistant
Full-time position: Part Time (15-20 hours per week). CSPC office hours are 9:00 am to 4:30 am, Monday to Thursday.
Wage: $25-28 per hour starting wage, depending on relevant education and experience. Generous annual leave, wellness leave, statutory holidays, and a Christmas office closure – as well as excellent extended health benefits – are available after a successful 6 month probationary period.
Location: Our office is located on the unceded territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən speaking peoples in Downtown Victoria. Hybrid in-office and home-based work are possible, subject to operational demands and the supervisor’s approval.
Planned start date: January 3/2023
The Financial / Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of financial and administrative duties to support the Director, Operations and Finance. They will have strong financial acumen, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to support the needs of a team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct discrete financial tasks, client billings, receivables, payables, expenses, requisitioning cheques, and completing financial transfers
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems for consistency of sub-filing, and ease of access to working files
- Support Director, Operations and Finance and Manager with Greater Victoria Rent Bank operations, including tracking loan repayments, loan recipients follow up etc.
- Maintain office supply inventories including staff laptops, telephones, and petty cash
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Other duties as required
You will work for and with the Director, Operations and Finance to ensure all information is up to date and accurate.
This position will really suit an experienced bookkeeper who is retired and looking for a part time position but not mandatory.
- 3 years of experience plus a related Diploma
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of relevant software (Microsoft Teams,) and SAGE Accounting.
- Operating knowledge of standard office equipment (copier, business phones, work stations, etc)
- financial skills
- problem assessment and problem-solving
- information gathering and information monitoring
- empathy and awareness of trauma-informed service an asset
- customer service orientation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8W 1H8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 2 years (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location