Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,564–$5,987 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 35830
Ministry: Children's Services
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: December 15,2022
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Program Services 2
Looking to take the next step in your career, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
As a Disclosure Analyst, you will be responsible for vetting complex records, completing peer reviews, and conducting legal research. As a Disclosure Analyst, the position analyzes child intervention files to identify responsive records under authorized requests for disclosure. The Disclosure Analyst manages a high volume of records and documents, both in electronic and paper formats, and collects, reviews, redacts, and discloses child intervention records, with respect to the privacy and security requirements of the FOIPP and CYFEA Act and to ensure compliance with legal timelines in accordance with applicable law, policies, and the framework of the Law.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the to Team Lead of Disclosure and Legal Supports (DLS) within the Office of the Statutory Director, this position works as part of a team to assist the Ministry in the disclosure of child intervention records, as appropriate under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act (CYFEA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPP).
You will be expected to provide extensive investigative support and other assistance to all Unit staff as needed. This may include using your expertise of managing and vetting legal records to troubleshoot issues and provide assistance to colleagues, researching historical data or information for use in court cases such as class actions. It is also expected to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the records produced. You will need to possess the ability to work as a team player. The incumbent is also expected to provide research support and other assistance as required to management and all staff in the unit. This may include leading projects and being assigned complex files that require vetting.
- Vetting Records: using strong redaction skills and using proficient knowledge of various privacy laws, apply appropriate levels of redactions to records (corresponding to the type of each request and applicable policy and legislation – CYFEA, FOIPP
- As a Disclosure Analyst, file assignments will be more complex in nature and require elevated redaction skills and knowledge of child intervention databases.
- Project Lead: for disclosure requests that require multiple staff resources and collaboration, be the lead and first point of consultation to staff assigned to the project
- The incumbent is also expected to provide research support and other assistance as required to all staff in the unit. This may include researching historical data and information.
Equivalency: Directly related education or experience considered on the basis of:
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or
- 1 year of experience for 1 year of education
- Overall awareness of Ministry legislation and regulations.
- Communication skills and training on difficult conversations, facilitation, leadership, etc.
- Developing, evaluating, implementing policy initiatives, programs and services.
- Demonstrated capacity to build effective partnerships with internal and external customers, clients, staff and stakeholders essential to this position.
- Strong planning, analytical, issues management and consultative skills are required
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Drive for Results
- Develop Self and Others
- Build Collaborative Environments
- Develop Networks
- Systems Thinking
- Creative Problem Solving
$2,281.95 to $2,993.39 bi-weekly. ($59,558.90 - $78,127.48/ year)
Hours of Work:
- 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday: 8.15am to 4.30pm
- Sterling Place Building, 9940 106 St, Edmonton, AB T5K 1C4
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta
Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Dawn Bradbury at [email protected]
If this competition closes as per the date noted above, please continue to check