|CHILD CARE AIDE|
CHILD CARE AIDE
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $23.34–$25.58 an hour
Location : Ontario
Job Category: Community & Social Services
Division & Section: Children's Services, ChildSvcs TO Early Learng& ChildCareSvcs
Work Location: Various locations
Job Type & Duration: Part-Time, Indefinite
Hourly Rate: $23.34 - $25.58
Shift Information: On an as required basis, up to 70 hours bi-weekly per week
Affiliation: L79 Unit B PT
Number of Positions Open: 50
Posting Period: 23-Nov-2022 to 07-Dec-2022
Location and Shift Information: Various Toronto Early Learning & Child Care Service Centres across the City
Information on hours of work:
- Hours of work will be on an as required part-time basis only.
- Candidates are expected to have availability between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Hours of work will vary and may include split shifts (e.g. 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Minimum 3 day availability is required, however 5 day availability would be preferred for scheduling purposes.
- Some work may be scheduled in advance or may be call-in work on the day of the shift.
- There are no guaranteed minimum hours per pay period.
- All successful candidates will be required to undergo a preplacement medical assessment, and to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check.
- As per the Child Care and Early Years Act, all persons working directly with children in a licensed child care centre are required to have a valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- If you have a diploma in early childhood education or equivalent, you are required under the Child Care and Early Years Act to be registered with the College of ECE. It is your responsibility to maintain your registration and ensure that your membership with the College of ECE is in good standing.
Under the direction of Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs), the Child Care Aide assists, supervises and guides children throughout their day which is inclusive of the following: indoor and outdoor daily play time, individual and group care routines, mealtimes and feeding, cloakroom routines, diapering and washroom routines, rest times, etc.
- Assists with the set-up of play areas as planned by RECEs.
- Assists in set-up and clean-up of children’s activities and learning areas, including snacks and meals, etc.
- Assists in completion of forms, documenting children’s routines, accidents, etc.
- Assists in the supervision of the children during outdoor playground time, ensuring all areas are safe from hazards. (e.g. removal of broken equipment from play areas).
- Assists in escorting children to Public and Separate Schools and trips outside the Early Learning & Child Care Centre. (e.g. Local community walks and bus trips).
- Provide coverage to maintain legislated ratios at various times of the day.
- Monitors and supervises small groups of children.
- Interacts with children of various ages in a positive, nurturing and developmentally appropriate manner.
- Interacts with parents, colleagues and visitors in a professional manner.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
1. Experience working with children in a group setting and caring for the individual needs of children up to 10 years of age in either a volunteer or employment capacity.
You must also have:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the start of employment.
- Must have a valid email address and be able to communicate on a regular basis through email.
- Strong ability to work effectively as a team member and accurately follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift/carry children of various ages and weighing up to 20kgs.
- Ability to use computers, access and complete online training modules.
- Ability to support and implement change reflective of the City of Toronto's Action plan for Confronting Anti-Black Racism.
- Ability to assist with and adhere to Health & Safety practices and COVID-19 related protocols including sanitizing, disinfecting, etc.
- General knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, Child and Family Services Act with the ability to apply such legislation in the workplace.
- General knowledge of Toronto Public Health Guidelines relating to child care environments.
Experience working specifically with children aged 0-4 years old would be considered an asset.
Completion of an Early Childhood Assistant Certificate would be considered an asset.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.