|Centralized Administrative Assistant|
Centralized Administrative Assistant
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 165747
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
The Centralized Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and operational support for new account documentation preparation & account opening to achieve superior quality standards for our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities: (What you will do)
- Pre-fill and prepare New Account Application Forms including supporting documentation. (Know Your Client Forms, Investment Policy Statements, Investment Counselling Agreements, Family Pricing Agreements, RC518, RC519, W-8Ben Forms, etc.)
- Prepare documents for e-signature and distribution to clients.
- Review accuracy of completed and returned documentation.
- Open investment accounts.
- Review assigned activities throughout day.
- Maintain monthly compliance related tasks as required i.e.) follow up on non-complaint paperwork.
- Maintain a follow-up system for initiated inquiries.
- Update client databases, as required, to ensure maintenance of accurate client information.
- Participate in projects, as required.
- Maintain productivity and accuracy standards.
- Occasional overtime (including weekends) may be required during peak business season from December – February. Standard business hours are from 8am – 5pm EST.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Education & Experience: (What you need)
- University degree, preferably in Commerce or Business Administration, or college diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Previous experience in an administrative or clerical position is an asset, preferably within a financial services company
- Experience with .pdf editing software (Adobe, Nitro) is an asset.
- Experience with electronic signature software is an asset.
- Experience with customer relationship management software is an asset
- General understanding of registered investment plans and Fintrac identification standards is an asset.
Competency Requirements: (What you bring)
- Client focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage change
Job Description History:
- Revised by Andrew Orton, Manager, Client Resolution (National Lead), Jan 2021
- Updated by Andrew Orton, Operations Manager, Resolution, February 2022
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.