Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
Executive Council provides support to the Premier, Cabinet and committees. It develops and advances the government’s plan for Saskatchewan and manages how the plan is implemented across the public service. Other functions include: coordinating government business in the Legislative Assembly; maintaining all Cabinet documents, orders-in-council and regulations on behalf of the Government of Saskatchewan; providing strategic direction in communications throughout government; administering policies on communications procurement, brand and online development; and, the operation of the government’s web, mobile and social media presence.
Brand Management, Executive Council is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented marketing and communications professional to join us in the role of Brand Consultant.
Brand Management is a client service branch that aims to serve through its commitment to best practices, relationship building and quality service delivery. Its core business includes providing strategic advice and consultation to clients, developing and implementing the Government of Saskatchewan’s brand strategy, managing all brand and creative assets, and ensuring alignment through review and measurement.
Reporting to the Brand Manager and Communications Advisor, you will be a key part of the team that manages and continues to build the Government of Saskatchewan’s brand and creative platform.
As the Brand Consultant you will:
- Provide leadership, consultation and advice to help clients achieve business objectives based on marketing and brand best practices;
- Work with teams across government to align marketing and communications material with Saskatchewan’s executive brand and visual identity system;
- Design templates and new creative elements to expand the creative platform and support client business objectives;
- Support the administration of all brand assets and creative collateral; and
- Assist the Brand Manager and Communications Advisor with other important functions and tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Professional experience in branding, marketing, design and desktop publishing;
- Experience providing advice and support to clients and senior executives;
- High attention to detail with excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills;
- Ability to lead several projects at once with competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated success in achieving successful client relationships, effective communication, customer service and teamwork; and
- A demonstrated commitment to innovation, continual learning and development.
Existing knowledge of Saskatchewan’s Visual Identity and experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite would be considered assets.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through a combination of:
- A university degree in business, marketing or communications (or equivalent);
- Education and/or applied experience in graphic design; and
- Marketing and/or communications experience in a professional office environment.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave
- Inclusive work environments
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements