|BAND 3 - Business Manager|
BAND 3 - Business Manager
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $77,700–$110,000 a year
Location : British Columbia
This position is excluded from union membership
An eligibility list may be established for similar vacancies within the BC Timber Sales Chinook Business Area, Chilliwack.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
An opportunity to apply your exceptional leadership, organizational and prioritization skills
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. BCTS operates in 33 communities and directly supports over 8,000 jobs across B.C.
Data from our operations are used to help determine the market value of the timber harvested from public land and ensures British Columbians receive fair value from their timber resources.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal:
- Objective 1: Sell the full BCTS apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices, sustainable forest management, and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Objective 2: Generate direct net revenue and indirect revenue for the Province over the business cycle.
- Objective 3: Continuous business improvement – within BCTS, across government and with third parties.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting the BA. The position is responsible for implementing business practices reflective of the private sector to provide benchmark information for provincial timber pricing.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, requirements and qualifications, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirements as outlined below:
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in accounting, business administration, public administration or commerce, or CPA designation or Government Financial Management Certificate Program and three years of directly related experience in a financial or accounting role.
- Post Secondary education equivalent to a degree or diploma and five years of experience directly related to financial or accounting role.
- Experience in program administration including allocating resources, leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
- Directly related experience must include a combination of the following:
o Experience in business planning, contract administration, budget management, risk management and internal financial controls.
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA).
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in leading, developing, coaching, and evaluating diverse teams within a union environment.
- Experience working in an environment that required the interpretation and application of Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) or government financial related legislation and policy (e.g. CPPM, FAA, BBMAA, and BTAA).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select "SKIP" on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, job related duties, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.