New Job Band 2 - Government Agent/Service Delivery Manager In British Columbia
|BAND 2 - Government Agent/Service Delivery Manager|
BAND 2 - Government Agent/Service Delivery Manager
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $66,900–$94,600 a year
Location : British Columbia
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vernon, BC V1T 9V2 CA
Government Agent/Service Delivery Manager
Management Band 2
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future similar vacancies in Kelowna and Vernon.
There is currently one (1) position available in Kelowna and one (1) position available in Vernon.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Service BC Division is government’s chief provider of citizen- and business-centred services. Through our province-wide network of over 60 in-person service centres and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 600 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online. We also have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering “Service with Heart”.
The Government Agent is accountable for the overall administration and supervision of their office(s), which provides services to the public in support of partners, agencies and other offices of government. The Government Agent acts as a representative of the government to collect revenue; provide information and deliver cost-effective government services to citizens in an efficient and service-oriented manner.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected]. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience leading teams to provide exceptional in-person and/or virtual services.
- Experience managing conflict and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Experience leading in an environment where there are frequently changing and competing priorities.
- Experience leading the implementation of process improvements or organizational changes.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, policies, and procedures particularly in the area of finance and budgets.
- Experience using analytics to make informed business decisions, allocate resources, and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience managing a broad range of human resource functions including performance management, leave management, recruitment, and retention.
- Experience coaching, training, and developing a team to provide best in class service.
- Post-secondary education in Business Management, Public Administration, Finance, Commerce, Leadership or related discipline.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment.
- Experience leading a remote/virtual or geographically distributed team.
- Experience leading in a public sector or regulated environment.
- Experience leading projects or programs with multiple stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of related management or supervisory experience.
Proviso / Willingness Statements:
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education, and participation in branch projects.
- Successful completion and certification of the Certified Service Manager (CSM) training through the Institute for Citizen- Centred Service within 6 months of Service BC making this course available to you (this training will be paid for and provided by Service BC).
- Willingness to travel for varying lengths of time.
- Hold a valid BC Driver’s License
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.