Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $76,874–$89,135 a year
Location : Yukon
This opportunity is for a permanent position working 75 hours biweekly.
The Workers’ Safety and Compensation Board (WSCB) administers workplace health and safety and workers’ compensation in the territory. WSCB’s raison d’être is to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses in partnership with employers and workers and to support workers when injuries occur. We take care of injured workers by facilitating their stay at work, return to work and recovery.
WSCB’s mandate of preventing disability affects lives directly and dramatically. As we fulfill that mandate, three organizational values guide our internal conduct and our external relationships:
Reporting to the Director of Employer and Client Services, the Assessment Auditor is accountable for developing and implementing a plan to audit the financial records and documents of employers in accordance with the Workers’ Safety and Compensation Act, regulations, policies and procedures. This position detects inaccuracies in employer reporting and ensure employer classification rates reflect employer compensation fund liability.
- Post-secondary course work in accounting, finance, or business administration;
- Experience performing accountancy functions, payroll processing and tax preparation
- Demonstrated experience in researching, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Experience developing and providing advice to senior management, preferably in a government setting.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their competence according to the standards set within the Yukon Government Core Competency Framework
- Influencing Others-Generates commitment while inspiring others. Builds coalitions internally and externally, to reach the organization’s goals by using a variety of methods and adapting influence approaches, and by effectively using knowledge of how the organization really works.
- Thinking Strategically-Takes a comprehensive, long-term view, critically assessing options and implications, while linking decisions to strategic goals.
- Leading Change and Innovation-Leads the organization effectively through fast changing environments, and creates and implements a vision of an organization that is willing to take risks and test new approaches
- Demonstrating Client Focus-Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics-Promotes the establishment, development and application of positive organizational values, ethics and standards of conduct.
- Modeling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility-Demonstrates strong self-awareness through deliberate learning from past experience and self-reflection to increase personal effectiveness and responsibility. Uses strong interpersonal skills to build credibility and personal effectiveness.
Discover why the Yukon government has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer in Canada since 2014.
Uniquely Yukon - Discover what makes the Yukon unlike any other place in the world.
For information about this position please contact Steve Therriault, Director, Employer and Client Services at [email protected].
For information about this competition please contact Matt Ford, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. To create your E-Recruitment account and to learn how to prepare your resume follow this link.