|Area Cost Engineer|
Area Cost Engineer
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
As Area Cost Engineer your will:
- Performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications per applicable procedures.
- Maintain cost budgets and accurate cost forecasts, utilizing a change management system and monitoring project status. Performs ongoing cost data and cash flow analysis.
- Forecast monthly incurred costs, prepare monthly cost accruals, and explain the variances.
- Support efforts to re-cast project estimates into manageable cost control budgets per project requirements
- Maintain or coordinate the project cost change management system (trending).
- Execute month-end activities in a timely manner to meet reporting deadlines.
- Use Engineering Material Take Offs (MTO’s) to verify scope and budget.
- Forecast cost escalation for assigned scope and monitor the escalation exposure.
- Reconcile received bids with control budgets for a specific scope.
- Prepare pricing schedules for construction contracts to support the RFP process.
- Establish Payment Milestones and methodologies – Rules of Credit/Milestone Based Progress etc.
- Support the commercial evaluation cycle for Construction and Procurement Packages.
- Prepare and review distributable and/or contractors indirect cost estimates; developing basis for temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, non-manual manpower, start-up services, payroll taxes and insurance, camp facilities and operation, and other field office costs
Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, as a champion of diversity & inclusion, you will:
- 5 - 10 years' experience in a Project Controls related field with increasing levels of responsibility. Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn more about Cost Control and overall Project Controls.
- Experience with, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports
- Familiar with engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes and management. Knowledge level is dependent on area of cost control specialization
- Familiar with the concept of Project Codes of Accounts (COA)
- Knowledge of cost/financial reporting systems and analysis e.g., forecasting, change management, metrics, Quantity Unit Rate Reporting)
- Strong knowledge in project controls software such as EcoSys, SAP, and Oracle (or Oracle JDE) is an asset
- Knowledge in capital cost estimating and services estimating
- Familiar with cash flow development and assessment
- Knowledge of cost control interfaces with project planning and scheduling
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Works well in a team environment
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.