New Job Hse Advisor In Saskatchewan
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HSE Advisor is responsible for monitoring the safe implementation of the Project HSE Plan by Team Jansen and Subcontractors performance, assisting in HSE Orientations and training, inspecting, and auditing the DFL and Subcontractor activities in the work site and assisting in incident/accident investigations.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation or 5 days on 2 days off.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
- Partner with line management through influencing, supporting, and enabling, so that risks with HSE impacts are effectively managed in the field
- Safety and risk prioritization issues (i.e., decision to stop or change work due to safety requirements, the ability to intervene to ensure risk is assessed and completed safely)
- Provides HSE technical direction to superintendents, construction engineers, coordinators, and others, as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure contractor compliance with Provincial Occupational Health & Safety/Bantrel/Client policies, regulations, safe work practices, and standard operating procedures.
- Perform Bantrel safety orientations as requested.
- Perform Formal inspection/BBS observation/Focus inspections on a weekly basis
- Assist with the trend analysis of BBS data.
- Provide support to field staff on BBS observation process.
- Assist with strategy development to reduce at-risk behaviours and reinforcement of positive behaviours.
- Ensure daily FLRA program is signed off by all supervision
- Ensure FLRA cards are reviewed, and feedback is provided to the subcontractors
- Ensure prompt reporting and documentation of all incidents by subcontractors
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with the EHS program by performing site tours
- Participate in inspection programs, follow-up on outstanding items
- Review completion of equipment checks, crane logs, fire extinguisher inspections
- Assisting with training of construction personnel
- Ensure all action items are resolved from weekly inspections, safety meetings, Incident investigations and Health & Safety Committee meetings
- Assist with the selection and proper use of all PPE
- Ensure that all cranes/hoists/manlifts have current certification and complete logbooks
- Attend weekly subcontractor safety meetings
- Attend subcontractor coordination meetings as required
- Provide incident investigation support as needed
- Work closely with field supervision to ensure the project safety program is implemented and followed
- Ensure permit system is functioning as required
- Assist with review of incident trends to ensure program is modified as necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office, PowerBi's, Document control software, incident/event management systems, and other data management software as required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in general field supervision / construction management roles, 5 of which are in a supervisory capacity
- Multidiscipline craft/construction familiarity
- Considerable knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Mining regulations
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and schedules
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and achieve deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of underground mining methods and procedures.
- Ability to coach technical professionals in a direction that honors their goals and the project’s needs
- Effective ability to convey messages in an organized, clear, and succinct way
- Excellent inter-personal skills with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort
- Good communication skills, both orally and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.