|Home Support Worker|
Home Support Worker
Company : Osprey Angels Home Care Services
Salary : From $14 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
HIRING - HOME SUPPORT WORKER
Osprey Health Care & Osprey Angels is a locally owned and operated company. We aim to give back to the community, employ local people, and continue to grow. With an emotional attachment to our clients and a genuine desire to help people, we are here to make a difference.
we are passionate about improving the quality of life for seniors in the comfort of their homes. Our care providers not only help you with running errands but also aim to develop a caring relationship. As a private home care service, we make it possible for seniors to live life comfortably with that extra bit of support.
Our services are designed to help seniors to keep up with their life demands. Our professional and compassionate staff are caring, focused, and attuned to clients' needs.
We are looking for casual staff to join our Home care service organization. We offer a bright and promising career with us which will help you to grow with our community and you’ll get personal satisfaction for helping someone to lead a better life.
Osprey Angels Home Care Services is currently recruiting casual Home care workers. You’ll be assigned to our casual pool and will be able to choose convenient open shifts. There will be shifts available for weekends, evenings, and overnight. This will help you to maintain you’re Full- Time job and work extra hours when you needed. Moreover, We offer an opportunity to apply for the Full - Time position when openings are available.
We are currently hiring in the Halifax region, you’re workplaces will be distributed in Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, and Sackville areas.
Roles include but are not limited to the following:
· Running errands
· Light housekeeping
· Respite services
· Communicate clearly and professionally using a variety of communication media.
· Apply environmental safety and security measures
· Provide appropriate personal care, bathing, dressing, assistance with ambulation/re-positioning, activities/programming
· Use proper body mechanics while performing duties.
· Respond and/or seek appropriate help when any change occurs in individuals’ conditions
· Documents and reports as per Osprey Angels
· Demonstrate appropriate, respectful, and professional behavior
· Maintain good personal, physical, and mental health. Including physical activity to ensure willingness and capability to meet the physical demands of the position
· Protect the health of yourself and the health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· First Aid/CPR
· Food (handlers) Safety
· Past work experience in-home care will be an asset
· Requires effective communication, time management, organization, and relationship building skills
· Candidates with a valid driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract, and own reliable transportation will be an asset
· Applicants must be able to provide references and submit a criminal record check upon hiring
· Individuals must be able to work evenings, weekends, and split shifts
· Willingness to accept supervision by a designated nurse
· Ability to maintain good relationships with patients, families, and co-workers
Proof of full vaccination required, following the “Nova Scotia COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings”
$14 Per Hour
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Full-time, Casual
Salary: From $14.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Are you able to work in Halifax, Dartmouth, and Sackville Locations?
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location