New Job Clk 11R - Customer Service Representative In British Columbia
|CLK 11R - Customer Service Representative|
CLK 11R - Customer Service Representative
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : $46,183–$52,158 a year
Location : British Columbia
Customer Service Representative
An eligibility list for future temporary and/or permanent positions may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Apply your excellent customer service skills in this unique administrative opportunity
Service BC Division is government's chief provider of citizen- and business-centred services. Through our province-wide network of over 60 in-person service centres and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 600 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online. We also have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering "Service with Heart".
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide an excellent service experience to citizens and businesses across a broad range of programs. These programs and services can be provided through in person, virtual online and/or telephone services to citizens. CSR's are expected to be knowledgeable; service oriented, and exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
'Service With Heart' is provided in an environment which strives to connect with citizens and business in order to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing their requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention from the staff of the responsible ministry. Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected]. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent (GED).
- Experience providing customer/client service.
- Experience with conflict management and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Clerical/admin experience, education and/or relevant training.
- Experience in word processing and other computer applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Diploma or Certification or higher in human resources management, business administration, financial management or other related field from a recognized institution.
- 6 months or more of experience in any of the above requirements.
- Completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Experience providing service through multiple channels (e.g., in-person, phone, email).
- Clerical and Administrative office experience in a public service sector environment (i.e. Municipal, Provincial, Federal).
- Experience in handling financial transactions (e.g., payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience using databases to enter, update, search, retrieve, or extract information ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education, and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.