|Trust Accounts Clerk|
Trust Accounts Clerk
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $3,442–$3,937 a month
Location : Manitoba
Trust Accounts Clerk
AK1 Accounting Clerk 1
Headingley Correctional Centre, Correctional Services
Advertisement Number: 39715
Salary(s): AK1 $1,721.15 - $1,968.38 bi-weekly
Closing Date: September 16, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application ScreeningForm at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human ResourceServices under "Apply to" to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on informationprovided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE to access the application screening form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check - Vulnerable Sector
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Internal Security Check
- Experience performing accounting functions including processing cash transactions, balancing daily receipts, daily reconciliationof cash journals, inventory control and preparing bank deposits
- Experience in bookkeeping including processing invoices, accounts payable and receivable, month end accounting cycles andpreparation of financial statements
- Experience working as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills to work under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong initiative and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Successful completion of a recognized accounting program with a certificate or diploma or equivalent combination of educationand experience
- Experience working with SAP
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for the Inmate Trust, Inmate Canteen and Synergy Accounting. The incumbent provides direction and advice to senior management in all matters relating to the trust accounts.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.