|Supervisor, Purchasing Unit|
Supervisor, Purchasing Unit
Company : York Regional Police
Salary : $104,548–$109,794 a year
Location : Ontario
POSITION TITLE: Supervisor, Purchasing Unit
DEPARTMENT: Purchasing Unit, Procurement & Support, Financial Services
SALARY: $104,548 – $109,794 per annum
STATUS: One (1) permanent position
LOCATION: York Regional Police, Headquarters, Aurora, ON
OPENING DATE: September 8, 2022
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2022
The duties for this position may involve but are not limited to:
- Prepares Request for Proposals, Quotes and Tenders, including evaluating submissions, negotiating price terms and conditions and preparing recommendations to the Police Services Board.
- Provides advice and direction to Purchasing staff ensuring bids adhere to procurement best practises, legal requirements, Purchasing bylaw and provides fair and transparent access to vendors.
- Manages the Stores area which is responsible tor the inventory and distribution of all clothing and equipment for the organization. Ensuring the flow of information and reports from Stores to Purchasing such as inventory usage, current inventory costs, supplier performance and forecasting.
- Manages the disposal of all surplus and obsolete products.
- Prepares an annual budget for clothing and equipment purchases by analyzing and tracking product history to determine annual volumes.
- Identifies and recommend operational and procedural changes to improve purchasing functions.
- Manages inventory control for the organization through monitoring inventory and implementing new software to aid in inventory reports.
- Monitors and research the market for suppliers and market trends.
- Supervises Purchasing Unit and Stores employees, scheduling and assigning work, workload management, setting goals and objectives and mentoring
- Provides advice and direction to all YRP members on all aspects of procurement procedures and processes
- Provides advice and direction to all YRP members on Stores procedures and processes.
- Financial responsibility for, authorizing and allocating invoices for payment, processing purchase orders and contracts, compile data required for financial activity, monitor and track expenditures and prepare budgets for clothing and equipment that are in line with limits.
- Track and maintain purchasing and inventory files, retrieve and report on information through usage reports, inventory status or price history.
- Maintain confidentiality of information received from tenders prior to Board approval.
- Successful completion of a four (4) year university degree in Business, Finance, or a related field of study.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressive experience in purchasing.
- Successful completion of one of the following certifications: Certified Professional Purchase certificate, Certified Professional Public Buyer, Certified Public Purchasing Officer certification, Certified Supply Chain Management Professional, or Project Management Professional designation.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects in an environment with multiple clients, vendors, stakeholders and delivering measurable results.
- Experience in public sector procurement practise and contract law
- Problem solving abilities in order to establish best buying practices and negotiate with vendors regarding pricing, and product testing.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with the Executive Command team and Financial Services Command to provide subject matter expertise.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF document, by clicking on the ‘Apply Here’ button below.
- Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail provided on your resume.
- Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this recruitment process.
York Regional Police has implemented a Hybrid Remote Work option that is offered to various positions in the organization. Further detail can be discussed during the recruitment process.
York Regional Police is committed to our Corporate Values. All York Regional Police employment policies and procedures are intended to be non-discriminatory and barrier-free in accordance with the principles and spirit of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted in regards to this competition, please advise the Human Resources Representative of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process.
VISION-INSPIRED MISSION-FOCUSED VALUES-DRIVEN