|Senior Planner / Scheduler|
Senior Planner / Scheduler
Company : Bantrel Co.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
As a Senior Planner/ Scheduler you would be responsible for planning and scheduling different phases of engineering, procurement & construction primarily related to the Energy and Mining & Infrastructure Industries. You will also provide oversight to junior/ intermediate planners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of Projects in the following phases:
o Front-End Engineering
o Detailed Engineering
o Construction (Interfacing with Client)
- Responsible for preparation of “Proposal” schedules in coordination with the proposal manager when required.
- Directly interfaces with engineers, procurement specialists, construction supervision, and management as necessary at the planning stages of the project and during the execution of the project.
- Directly interfaces with the Client Project Management team, when necessary, and provides appropriate solutions related to planning/ scheduling
- Prepares Resource-loaded Baseline Schedules and Schedule Basis documents, detailing execution/ contracting strategies, assumptions,
- Updates and maintains project schedules and progress and performance interfaces
- Independently provides analysis and workarounds, when required, to mitigate schedule delays
- Works with project controls counterparts – cost analysts & estimators – to to align schedules with estimate, cost and earned value progress systems
- Reviews potential changes against project scope/ execution plans and provides inputs on schedule impact of scope changes and trends
- Provides oversight to junior/ intermediate schedulers specifically related to interface with construction
- An Engineering or Business degree AND/OR Relevant Qualification in the field of Planning/ Scheduling, Project Controls and Project Management
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in the field of Planning and Scheduling
- Minimum 4 years experience in preparation of construction schedules
- Relevant experience in the field of cost control and monitoring
- Work experience primarily in the Canadian oil, gas, petrochemicals and mining & infrastructure industries, preferably with Engineering or EPC Consultants
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling concepts
- Advanced level of proficiency in Oracle Primavera P6
- Must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems
- Right to work and remain in the country of assignment
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.