|Senior Administrative Assistant|
Senior Administrative Assistant
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $32.68–$43.73 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Senior Administrative Assistant, you will provide senior level administrative support assigned to the Process Infrastructure Delivery Managers in the Utilities Delivery business unit. You will also support leaders and their teams as required in aiding the efficient and successful operation of the business. Primary duties include:
- Oversee calendar and meeting management to organize and optimize manager’s and/or leader’s time commitments, meeting coordination, manage meeting resources, and email management.
- Review Manager's emails, urgent and action items, and deliverables and bring to their attention.
- Respond to requests in the manager's inbox, follow up on action items for response, or delegate as well as review and respond to emails in the administrative assistant inbox. Respond and/ or forward when the manager is absent. Ensure confidentiality and sensitively is maintained.
- Develop, prepare and compose a wide variety of correspondence and documents including emails, letters, management meeting agendas and minutes.
- Attend and take minutes at business unit management meetings and assigned Leader meetings. Follow up on action items.
- Process invoices for payments via corporate credit card, non-purchase order payment requests, enter online requisitions and follow up as needed. Assist with Accounts Payable workflow items (invoice processing, troubleshooting, routing tables, etc).
- Act as the first point of contact and liaison between the business unit and various internal and external stakeholders. Provide relief coverage for other administrative staff.
- Coordinate and maintain business unit records using document management systems. Act as key contact within the assigned division/unit. Coordinate and maintain libraries as required and assist with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) requests.
- Order stationery and supplies, assist with training and troubleshooting of technology and office equipment.
- A High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) and at least 8 years of related experience; OR
- A completed 1 year certificate in Business Administration or a related field and at least 5 years of experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- An intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Proven communication skills, strong organizational and planning ability, excellent attention to detail and the flexibility to deal with regular interruptions and changes in routine.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals, for example the Mayor's Office, Councilors, Senior Management is also required.
Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Utilities Delivery
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 625 25 Avenue SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 7 $32.68 - 43.73 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with one day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: September 28, 2022Job ID #: 306336