|Registered Care Aide|
Registered Care Aide
Company : Carecorp Seniors Services
Salary : $25.83 an hour
Location : British Columbia
We are looking for a compassionate, caring Registered Care Aide (RCA) with a passion for the elderly to join our team at one of our beautiful Long-Term Care Facilities.
Facility Address: Cascade Gardens - 3460 Kalyk Ave, Burnaby, BC, V5G 3B2
Position Details: Casual position - Ideally candidates will be available to work day shift (0700-1500)
- Follows established care plans.
- Provide personal care for our residents including, Bathing, grooming, dressing, assists with meals and oral hygiene and performing other care duties as applicable.
- Responds to call bells/alarms.
- Observes and monitors residents progress, symptoms and behavioral changes and reports significant observations.
- Utilizes mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs, and stretchers to transport residents.
- Aid with lifting and/or transferring of residents by following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Current registration with the BC Care Registry is (required).
- Completion of Grade 10 and graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide program.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
While the SSO is in place, you will be limited to working with only one employer and at only one (1) private long-term care hospital (facility), licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital or provincial mental health facility. Unless regional clustering applies. Regional clustering allows you to, within the same region and in agreement with the facility, hold a position as permanent with one (1) employer and hold a casual position with one (1) additional employer. You may hold only one (1) permanent position, one (1) additional casual position and must not work outside of your regional cluster.
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, CareCorp shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.