Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,408–$8,330 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Intergovernmental Affairs Division within Executive Council is seeking a highly-organized and detail-oriented professional to join us in the role of Protocol Officer. The Protocol Office is responsible for the planning and coordination of state ceremonial events; honours and awards administration; flags, emblems and symbols; Royal, Vice-Regal, and other official visits; events; and some diplomatic visits.
In this position you will be responsible for managing various events and organizing programs of the Saskatchewan Protocol Office with a specific focus on honours and awards programming.
As our successful candidate, you will demonstrate:
- A strong knowledge of Canada’s National and Provincial Honours systems, including how they are typically administered;
- Knowledge of protocol and provincial government operations;
- Strong public relations and communication skills (specifically, strong creative writing skills);
- Independence and confidence in order to organize, prioritize and proficiently complete multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines;
- Thoroughness and attentiveness to detail to ensure quality work; and
- Tactfulness and discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through a combination of formal education in Political Science, Journalism, or History, combined with work experience in a similar position. Significant work experience in this or a similar field would be considered for candidates without a degree.