|Program Release Manager/Sr. Technical PM|
Program Release Manager/Sr. Technical PM
Company : Compugen Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.
If you are driven to make a difference, relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, we’d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
Compugen is seeking a Program Release Manager/Sr. Technical PM for a 1 year contract working remotely. Candidates must currently reside within Canada and available to work in CT.
Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs.
The Release Manager will work across different teams involved in the software development processes and will provide support to developers as they set up test environments.
He/she will also work with the IT team in order to enhance software engineering practices and work closely with project or portfolio managers.
The release manager will usually have a background in computer science or a related field with advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle. This manager may also have a project management background.
Furthermore, he/she will need to have some technical skills with thorough knowledge of feature toggles, branch handling, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
He/she will use these technical skills to solve any issues that arise; hence, he/she will need to be in possession of interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities to resolve any cross-functional team issues.
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Make sure the allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
- Communicate with release managers from different IT departments.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
- Release Manager Certification
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies, i.e., Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping
- Demonstrable mastery in various competencies of Teaching, Mentoring, Transformation and Facilitation with exceptional communication, negotiation and critical thinking skills
- Solid acceptance of the servant leadership philosophy
- 7+ years of relevant experience in this role
7+ years of relevant experience in this role – Preferably with a recognized professional certification.