Company : IMP Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Why Choose IMP Aerospace & Defence:
IMP Aerospace & Defence is not only one of the leading companies in the Aerospace field, but we are also one of the most engaging and equality advocating companies to work for. We believe that regardless of where you work at IMP Aerospace & Defence, you are a part of our ever-growing team. IMP is able to achieve success through this teamwork mindset. That is why at IMP, you are not defined by your role.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Procurement and Supply, the successful candidate will provide leadership, management oversight, expert level consultative advice in assigned areas of procurement standards, policies, practices and procedures, as well as acting as a single point of contact to manage the procurement and supply of all unique and common lead CP140 Prime Air Vehicle (PAV) consumable spares and sub-contractor maintenance, repair and overhaul (R&O) services.
The Procurement Manager will report to the IMP Group Ltd. – Aerospace and Defence location near the Halifax International Airport.
What You Will Do:
- Acts as the primary Materiel department contact for CP140 PAV OWSS Program Management and Support staff (PM, D/PM, Technical Asset Managers, ILS Engineers) and CP140 Aircraft Production Managers for all CP140 PAV purchased goods and R&O services
- Analyzes business processes and determines opportunities that can be achieved through influencing supply and demand of services
- Structures and negotiates CP140 OWSS supply agreements and manages supplier relations and performance
- Selects, maintains and manages a CP140 OWSS supplier base that is financially sound, technically competent, quality compliant and strategically aligned
- Develops OWSS supply programs to minimize transactional processing cost
- Ensures compliance with company and government procurement policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations
- Maintains metrics for process improvement, supplier management (development, selection and rating) and management
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities to streamline support to OWSS Aircraft Production operations and for the Materiel department in general
- Leads a small team of buyers and participates in cross-functional teams to develop procurement and R&O strategies for key OWSS support expenditures
- Reviews CP140 OWSS program material shortages on a regular basis and initiates appropriate expediting action
- Analyzes business processes and supply and demand of parts and services to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value improvement to the OWSS Program
- Monitors and reports on OWSS R&O sub-contractor performance (i.e. turn around time, quality of work, etc.)
- Monitors and reviews the CFSS usage of all unique CP 140 spares requiring repair/modification.
- Responds to usage data by recommending procurement action to maintain stock levels; raises Priority Repair Requests (PRR’s) for urgently required spares on contractor repair lines and make recommendations to dispose of obsolete or surplus stock.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve and expedite outstanding PRR’s from sub-contractor repair facilities and then advise Wings/Operational Units of repair item status
- Represents the Company/Material Department at various internal and external meetings
- Manages CP140 OWSS Service Requests (SRQs) originating from DND
- Responds to customers inquiries in a timely manner by phone, fax or email.
- Reviews and amends Standard Plant Procedures (SPPs) affecting areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- A university degree specializing in supply chain or business administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A Professional Purchasing or Logistics designation (CPP. or P. Log) preferably with experience in private sector procurement and contract management
- 8-plus years procurement and supply management experience in progressively more responsible and diversified procurement activities, ideally with exposure to the aerospace industry or relevant military supply management experience or experience working with Government or other regulated industries. A working knowledge of the current Canadian Forces Supply System would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, project management, planning, negotiating and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of procurement methods, practices and procedures (contract law, contract tendering and awarding)
- Proven ability to lead a team in creating centres of excellence and best practices with in a large and complex environment
- Strong leadership, management skills and keen problem solving abilities
- Solid understanding of materiel planning and forecasting as well as supply and inventory management
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills – emphasis on MS Office and use of MRP/ERP systems
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Secret Level II Security Clearance through PSPC- Contract Security Program, Transport Canada RAIC clearance.
What We Will Do For You:
- All of IMP's benefits become effective on your first day of work, regardless of your position.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, inlcuding RRSP Program, Holiday Program (3 additional days off over Christmas), Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.